8 Soda Can Survival Projects

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
Hamradioop

8 Soda Can Survival Projects

Post by Hamradioop »

found this on YouTube interesting projects from empty soft drink cans. I certainly never thought of these ideas.

https://youtu.be/3dChzk7xAxI
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Stasher

Re: 8 Soda Can Survival Projects

Post by Stasher »

I thought the whistle was a fantastic idea - something I would never have thought of. I loved the simplicity of it and how you can premake and carry it with you without anyone even realising you had it. Fantastic
Knowledge is power
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Interesting ideas , I may just have a play with the whistle thing myself.
To add a ninth , some time ago while a good distance from home the exhaust broke on my car. By luck I found a can , and I always remember it was a Guinness can , cut the ends off and slit it down its length and wired the two ends of the exhaust together which sufficed to get me home and not sounding totally like a tractor all the way.
BristolDave

Post by BristolDave »

Interesting ideas, thanks Hamradioop.
undomesticdiva

Post by undomesticdiva »

I love this!I also found a video of his showing you how to make a soda can stove. i have a phobia of when SHTF and i have no means of making tea/coffee, i can live without everything else (apart from food and water obvs lol) so i'm going to making a few of these over the next couple of days, i refuse to contemplate no tea! lol
:)
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

undomesticdiva wrote:I love this!I also found a video of his showing you how to make a soda can stove. i have a phobia of when SHTF and i have no means of making tea/coffee, i can live without everything else (apart from food and water obvs lol) so i'm going to making a few of these over the next couple of days, i refuse to contemplate no tea! lol
Drop the Fam-units a hint Suggested Wedding Present ;)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
undomesticdiva

Post by undomesticdiva »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
undomesticdiva wrote:I love this!I also found a video of his showing you how to make a soda can stove. i have a phobia of when SHTF and i have no means of making tea/coffee, i can live without everything else (apart from food and water obvs lol) so i'm going to making a few of these over the next couple of days, i refuse to contemplate no tea! lol
Drop the Fam-units a hint Suggested Wedding Present ;)
Oooohhhhh i LOVE that! our wedding is going to be whenever we have money spare so that could be never, i might buy The Bearded Wonder one as a "present" (for me ;) ) for his birthday, but make him take care of it as i tend to kill plants lol :)