just a useful hobo stove

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
diyharbor

just a useful hobo stove

Post by diyharbor »

i found a video a long time ago showing this design, and i have been using it ever since. i get manny months use out of one beer can, and they are ver efficient. a small amount of fuel last a long time. i have cooked a huge pot of pasta with this little thing and as long as there is no strong wind, it work perfectly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA4a7pb232Q
Brambles

Re: just a useful hobo stove

Post by Brambles »

Wulfshead posted a great pictorial how-to

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11729

and we don't need to click on an external link.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
diyharbor

Post by diyharbor »

i appreciate that, but this is different to that one and i did say its not my idea and all I'm doing is offering some more video footage of how quick and easy it can be in a situation without many tools.

you don't have to click the link or even acknowledge the post if it offends you.

your logic, someone has posted something like this before so we should never ever see it again. not really the best way to advertise a great bit of knowledge. what about people that didn't see that post?

anyway sorry you are offended by my link to a video that i spent my time making and spent lots of money on a camera feel free to ignore them next time.

regards
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

diyharbor wrote:i appreciate that, but this is different to that one and i did say its not my idea and all I'm doing is offering some more video footage of how quick and easy it can be in a situation without many tools.

you don't have to click the link or even acknowledge the post if it offends you.

your logic, someone has posted something like this before so we should never ever see it again. not really the best way to advertise a great bit of knowledge. what about people that didn't see that post?

anyway sorry you are offended by my link to a video that i spent my time making and spent lots of money on a camera feel free to ignore them next time.

regards
Please don't mistake offence for caution. You are a new member, and have presented us with a URL to your 'website' which was nothing more than an advert-landing site which, if clicked on, would earn you money, as well as several Youtube videos that have adverts preceding them - again which earn you money. So I'm sure you can understand our hesitation.

All that said, you have removed the URL link from your profile at my request, so for now we are willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. But please remember that this is NOT a site for you to make commercial gain from. This is a preparedness and self-reliance community.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

I'm not offended, far from it, I'm all for sharing info and posting how-to's, but I am surprised that you see fit to post such a tirade. You have made three posts now directing members to your youtube channel, so forgive me for being, as Itsy stated, cautious of your motives. This is not the place to generate income to pay for your expensive filming equipment and time. We share what we know or do freely here.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Vespa

Post by Vespa »

There's another youtube video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caQfdWjTXdQ

It's not my channel and I don't make any money from you clicking the link.

Meth stoves are great if you've got meths, but if not you're going to have to burn wood.

I've made a version of this from one of those large dogfood cans and from a big coffee can, feed them right and both can boil a big pan of water in about 8mins.

I also like the fella who presents, he looks like my brother did.
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Just a point of clarification here,
It was 'Wolfman' that posted the how-to pictures and script for the beer can stove and not me Wulfshead.
I'd love to take credit for it but that would be way wrong.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Wulfshead wrote:Just a point of clarification here,
It was 'Wolfman' that posted the how-to pictures and script for the beer can stove and not me Wulfshead.
I'd love to take credit for it but that would be way wrong.

Wulfshead

Ooops! :oops: Sorry Wolfman :oops: