Hobo stove and meths stove

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
DougieH

Hobo stove and meths stove

Post by DougieH »

Made a little meths stove a few days ago. Timed how long it took to boil 0.5l of water in a 2l kettle, then the same in a 1litre pan. 5 mins for the kettle, 7 mins for the pan. 6 capfulls of meths gave 11 mins burn time. Just made a Hobo stove from a charity shop bargain I picked up for £2. Stainless steel was a bit harder to work with. Will try and light it tomorrow. Will try and post a couple of pics. Doug
unsure

Re: Hobo stove and meths stove

Post by unsure »

http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index.php ... uct_id=393

i`m thinking these with chafing fuel tins
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
DougieH

Post by DougieH »

Meths stove pic

Hobo stove pic

URL=http://s195.photobucket.com/user/dougat ... 5.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
hobo

Post by hobo »

WOAH! (first pic)
DougieH

Post by DougieH »

Hi unsure, looks like you get a fair bit of kit for that price. Bargain.
unsure

Post by unsure »

prices on those start at just a fiver .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
munchh

Post by munchh »

The only thing you need to be aware of is all these things flames have a sweet spot, the swedish stuff has a height set when the pan is in that is just right for the military size trangia, which is higher than the mini trangia that most people know.
they are a great bit of kit though usedvas they were made to be, the trangias I havd tend to want 1" between the top where thd jets are to the bottom of the pot. Have the pot 1/4" too low and it will simmer but never boil.

I found this out while making burners and stands, if the stands wernt right it just didt work well.

the chaffing gel is differenf again, its less than 1", but id have to check my book to be sure what it is.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.