Natural Rocket Stove

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
des cattys

Natural Rocket Stove

Post by des cattys »

Has anyone made a natural rocket stove without using a chainsaw .
These were made using just a saw and an axe.
I have made them from birch, oak, and hornbeam.
(Still cannot load pictures saying they're file too big)
des cattys

Re: Natural Rocket Stove

Post by des cattys »

Birch stoves
Attachments
2016-01-22 23.40.04.jpg
metatron

Post by metatron »

I've got some fairly large forstner bits and chisels but I have to say you are better off just making one out of an old pant can and a few bean cans. Only tools you need is tin snips, drill, riviter and some JB weld. Tools wise its about £60 if you go cheap on a cordless drill.
des cattys

Post by des cattys »

metatron wrote:I've got some fairly large forstner bits and chisels but I have to say you are better off just making one out of an old pant can and a few bean cans. Only tools you need is tin snips, drill, riviter and some JB weld. Tools wise its about £60 if you go cheap on a cordless drill.
Hi there
Yep understand in what you are saying. I too have hobo stoves etc..but for a skill to have in your arsenal for example if you are wanting to cook or boil water on saturated ground or snow this can be built in the field without drills etc just the tools/equipment you may carry in your bergen/rucksack in a very short time. Cheers
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

Err, am I missing the point here or are these swedish fire torches?

Presumably the nails are for resting cooking pots on?

Out of interest, how long does the burn last for and the cooking surface remain safe? I've been wanting to make one of these for a while and I love the idea of the cook pot support
Knowledge is power
NOMAD

Natural Rocket Stove

Post by NOMAD »

There are some logs in the woods behind where I am staying when I have a few more days free i want to get some things together and see if I c can make some. And I no one minds I'll post some pictures up.

Sam

No trees were destroyed sending this post, however a few electrons were slightly inconvenienced. (Via Tapatalk)
Stasher

Post by Stasher »

NOMAD wrote:There are some logs in the woods behind where I am staying when I have a few more days free i want to get some things together and see if I c can make some. And I no one minds I'll post some pictures up.

Sam

No trees were destroyed sending this post, however a few electrons were slightly inconvenienced. (Via Tapatalk)
How did you get on?
Knowledge is power