MRE's

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
preppingsu

Re: MRE's

Post by preppingsu »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:
ForgeCorvus wrote:
Bad Wombat wrote:Has anybody tried using standard supermarket packet meals like these:
http://www.waitrose.com/shop/HeaderSear ... t+we+found
Yorkshire's Tesco link is to one of those.

I've not tried any of the LWWF range.... Anyone got a review?

will have at some point soon...

:D

They look to only have a short 12 month BBE date but no use by

they look to be precooked in the bags reading the blurb on the back
I tried these. They are very nice but for the price the portion size is piddly small! I felt you would need 2 pouches for an average adult.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Ive tried loads now, the uk ones are great, chicken tika, rice, thai green curry, many others, my fav is halal chicken and dahl, but any of the tuna bean ones are great but seem to be the most expencive.

the french ration packs are really good too, well worth a look.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
106lad

Post by 106lad »

The UK Ration Packs are quite good.

I was in the Army Cadets and lived off them for a week once. Blooming lovely if a little bulky.
londonercsecse

Post by londonercsecse »

So: I tried those pouches, nice taste, but rather small for the price. My vote woud go for the french MRE for taste and quality of food. Question: Any good, normal price source for MRE-s in UK? (Apart from e-bay, amazon). Cheers, guys!
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Lots of Indian groceries sell pouched ready meals now which come in higher calories and more food than LWWF - we've used these with a pouch of Uncle Ben's ready cooked and had Indian curries on the side of a hill. They are high in salt though, which might be useful when TSHTF.