What are you dehydrating?

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
ForgeCorvus

Re: What are you dehydrating?

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I found This on a well known online marketplace.

Do you think it would work to prep veg for dehydrating ?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ForgeCorvus wrote:I found This on a well known online marketplace.

Yeah, I guess, you cut stuff up small so 'shaving' it will do for some stuff. For 90p I ordered one too so thanks for the pointer I'll let you know if its any use.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

ForgeCorvus wrote:I found This on a well known online marketplace.

It's a bit of a novelty but yes i expect it would dry quickly cut that thin.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I have a lot of dehydrated tomatoes.I add them to pasta etc etc.Now my lovely wife has food 'fads'.Right now its sun dried tomatoes in oil.They are rather pricey!

Sooo...can I drop tomatoes into oil to ' rehydrate'/soften up? If so,I guess they should be stored in the fridge for safety?

All advice gratefully accepted!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

As far as I'm aware sun dried tomatoes are just dehydrated naturally rather then stuck into a machine.
So I'd say run with it and store them however you're storing the shop-bought ones
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
jansman

Post by jansman »

ForgeCorvus wrote:As far as I'm aware sun dried tomatoes are just dehydrated naturally rather then stuck into a machine.
So I'd say run with it and store them however you're storing the shop-bought ones
Thanks.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:
ForgeCorvus wrote:As far as I'm aware sun dried tomatoes are just dehydrated naturally rather then stuck into a machine.
Thanks.
Have you tried youtube ? I'm not a fan of the sun dried tomatoes* myself but they seem to have absolutely everything on there.

* Still better than a cheese/rice combo. :twisted:
jansman

Post by jansman »

I have not looked yet Deeps.This has come about as a result of me seeing the price tag on some jars the Duchess purchased!

Robert Frost.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:I have not looked yet Deeps.This has come about as a result of me seeing the price tag on some jars the Duchess purchased!
Aye, its the wee quirks that endear us to them. :lol: Her Maj decided she might be allergic to wheat so we had to buy the gluten free (and expensive) pasta and bread for a while. Thankfully she figured out that wasn't the reason the scales were telling her lies. :lol: I'm after one of those Stepford jobs, after the initial outlay, I think they work out cheaper in the long run. :D
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

jansman wrote:I have not looked yet Deeps.This has come about as a result of me seeing the price tag on some jars the Duchess purchased!
Save her empty jars (labels and price tags intact), refill them with Casa Jan tommytoes, slip them back into rotation.... Bob's your mother's brother