24 Hour British Ration Packs (£100 for 19!!)

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
pigeonsniper

Re: 24 Hour British Ration Packs (£100 for 19!!)

Post by pigeonsniper »

Great deal and don't worry, they'll last for years if you keep them well stored and out of extreme temperatures. Nothing wrong with a good old British Army rat pack, you can make them last longer than 24hrs as well if you're not doing anything too intensive. Trust me, if you're hungry enough those things will taste like Jamie Oliver just knocked them up :)
beyondthebeatentrack

Post by beyondthebeatentrack »

Hi guys, read this thread with great interest and have to agree that it appears that £100 for 19 x 24 Hour ration packs is a great deal. However, I want to add a different angle if I may please:

I work for the company that currently holds the supply contract to the UK Armed Forces for their Operational Rations and we are the SOLE worldwide license holder to sell the rations commercially.

Each and every ration we sell donates a £% back to the Armed Forces for their use in other areas. Therefore, any unauthorised sales actually cost the MOD money, and I am constantly reading that the soldiers don’t have enough money for protective clothing during operations - so who gets the rough deal in this transaction?

The goods you have purchased are stolen - fact. You might have guessed this when you received them and saw 'MOD Property' 'Not for re-sale' on them. Therefore, the fact that you managed to get stolen goods at a discount price, and then thought it was prudent to advertise the fact, greatly concerns me.

The rations you have bought were made many years ago and I can assure you that the maximum shelf life is only 3 years - you will not get wet rations with a longer shelf life. Therefore your supplier has scant care for your health and subsequently, you have scant care either, if you willing to sell on 'just a few'

In view of the information above, we are constantly on the look out for culprits that either buy or sell stolen sold rations and we will be asking the CID to approach the authorities for the contact details of Trish52 and of John 1788 so that we can instigate prosecutions.

I have now finished my rant.
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

Interesting post,

I have packs that I acquired legally via a friend in the cadet forces, they get to buy them for their weekend outings but if he doesn't like a particular item he passes it on to me, I have stuff a lot older than three years and it is still OK to eat. Even the manufacturers of similar meals admit they are good for many years past the so called use-by dates. A former neighbour was given a pack many years ago, (20 odd) that had been across the international dateline twice so were not allowed to be issued, that was excellent for many years. And they were certainly not stolen goods.

There are of course MOD disposal sites that legitimately (apparently) buy an awful lot of surplus to requirement lots at auctions, I have no doubt that the odd packs come up at these auctions.

There was a case a few years back where a couple of container loads went missing and this resulted with all ration packs being withdrawn from sale, even legitimate ones.

Don't forget that if they don't use it they lose it next year, so stuff gets released for sale on a regular basis.
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

The-Great-Nothing

Post by The-Great-Nothing »

What a 1st post Beyondthebeatentrack!

Simmer down - I think the MOD are finding many many many bigger ways of losing money that rat packs!

Get a sense of perspective......or maybe check out the next beaten track along.

(and I am normally so chilled out)

Matt
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Following on from a recent conversation can I suggest that, for the time being, you think OPSEC with regards to any ration packs you may or may not have ! ;)
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

beyondthebeatentrack wrote:Hi guys, read this thread with great interest and have to agree that it appears that £100 for 19 x 24 Hour ration packs is a great deal. However, I want to add a different angle if I may please:

I work for the company that currently holds the supply contract to the UK Armed Forces for their Operational Rations and we are the SOLE worldwide license holder to sell the rations commercially.

Each and every ration we sell donates a £% back to the Armed Forces for their use in other areas. Therefore, any unauthorised sales actually cost the MOD money, and I am constantly reading that the soldiers don’t have enough money for protective clothing during operations - so who gets the rough deal in this transaction?

The goods you have purchased are stolen - fact. You might have guessed this when you received them and saw 'MOD Property' 'Not for re-sale' on them. Therefore, the fact that you managed to get stolen goods at a discount price, and then thought it was prudent to advertise the fact, greatly concerns me.

The rations you have bought were made many years ago and I can assure you that the maximum shelf life is only 3 years - you will not get wet rations with a longer shelf life. Therefore your supplier has scant care for your health and subsequently, you have scant care either, if you willing to sell on 'just a few'

In view of the information above, we are constantly on the look out for culprits that either buy or sell stolen sold rations and we will be asking the CID to approach the authorities for the contact details of Trish52 and of John 1788 so that we can instigate prosecutions.

I'd suggest you go to eBay and contact the sellers directly, and not threaten our members on here.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
ORAC1

Post by ORAC1 »

beyondthebeatentrack wrote:Hi guys, read this thread with great interest and have to agree that it appears that £100 for 19 x 24 Hour ration packs is a great deal. However, I want to add a different angle if I may please:

It would appear to me that this "company" are missing a great opportunity to sell direct to the prepper community, I for one would buy a great deal more for a reasonable price knowing they were new.

I would report back to our illustrious group with a positive outlook, you may be surprised.

ORAC
Area 2
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

beyondthebeatentrack wrote:

The MOD constantly monitor Ebay and other sites for stolen items and have had many successful prosecutions of those individuals

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -eBay.html

http://lissnup.wordpress.com/2012/04/29 ... -hardware/

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/soldi ... z2MHGoVQeU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08_REmfBAAA
Not every thing that appears on Auction sites is stolen but Caveat emptor as always
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
pigeonsniper

Post by pigeonsniper »

Well now we've got your attention is there any way you could re-introduce tinned fruit pudding and garibaldi biscuits? The current fruit biscuits are great filling removers which is not ideal when you're out in the bondu. Also it would be nice if Mars bars were re-introduced again. There you go, hows that for customer feedback :D
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

To borrow one of our Prime Minister's favourite words, what a twat.

I doubt he'll be back.