Mylar bags and oxygen absorbers - prices

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
itsybitsy

Re: Mylar bags and oxygen absorbers - prices

Post by itsybitsy »

***IMPORTANT!!***

When making payments by paypal to me, please can you make sure the money is sent as a GIFT, otherwise I get charged fees by Paypal. :evil:
hobo

Post by hobo »

Thanks so much Itsy! x
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Just waiting for one more payment and that's all the money in. :mrgreen:
hobo

Post by hobo »

itsybitsy wrote:Just waiting for one more payment and that's all the money in. :mrgreen:
Want me to send my lads round?
TopCatUK2

Post by TopCatUK2 »

Could you include me on your next order, please?
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

TopCatUK2 wrote:Could you include me on your next order, please?
Of course. You'll see a post in here about it when I ask for expressions of interest. :mrgreen:
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

I have seen on other forums that using the gift button is being frowned upon as it negates the paypal insurance should things go awry for any reason, I am sure that Itsybitsy is as honest as the day is long, but what happens if for no fault of hers your package goes missing, are you happy to lose whatever you have paid?

From the Bushcraft UK forum-

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showth ... ght=paypal
Hi, a Paypal Queery. i have been looking at the classifieds/for sale items and have noticed a number of posts state ''buyer pays paypal fees'', how does this work please?, i do have a paypal account and as i understand it the receiver of money pays a fee but not the sender, so say if an item was offered at £10 and i bought it would i have to work out the fee the seller would have deducted from their sale for the paypal fee and add that to the £10 asked, if i am correct the paypal fee for receiving money is 3.4% + 20p therefore using the figure of £10 for an example i would have to send the seller £10 + 54p (54p is fee of 34p+20p =54p which is 3.4%+20p of £10) = send the seller a grand total of £10.54p to cover item and fee. Or am i incorrect and the seller forwards the total required themselves. I would be grateful if someone could clarify this please so i know what to expect should i decide to buy something. Thankyou.
Ah they shouldn't be doing that.

The fees are supposed to be added into the sales price so that the buyer is insured if sommat goes amiss.

The guidelines changed a while back, and the Mods would appreciate it if sellers would mind and simply add in the extra fee to their price.

cheers,
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

12mp82 wrote:I have seen on other forums that using the gift button is being frowned upon as it negates the paypal insurance should things go awry for any reason, I am sure that Itsybitsy is as honest as the day is long, but what happens if for no fault of hers your package goes missing, are you happy to lose whatever you have paid?

From the Bushcraft UK forum-

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showth ... ght=paypal
Hi, a Paypal Queery. i have been looking at the classifieds/for sale items and have noticed a number of posts state ''buyer pays paypal fees'', how does this work please?, i do have a paypal account and as i understand it the receiver of money pays a fee but not the sender, so say if an item was offered at £10 and i bought it would i have to work out the fee the seller would have deducted from their sale for the paypal fee and add that to the £10 asked, if i am correct the paypal fee for receiving money is 3.4% + 20p therefore using the figure of £10 for an example i would have to send the seller £10 + 54p (54p is fee of 34p+20p =54p which is 3.4%+20p of £10) = send the seller a grand total of £10.54p to cover item and fee. Or am i incorrect and the seller forwards the total required themselves. I would be grateful if someone could clarify this please so i know what to expect should i decide to buy something. Thankyou.
Ah they shouldn't be doing that.

The fees are supposed to be added into the sales price so that the buyer is insured if sommat goes amiss.

The guidelines changed a while back, and the Mods would appreciate it if sellers would mind and simply add in the extra fee to their price.

cheers,

But I'm not the seller.
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

But in effect you are itsybitsy, you have bought them and are redistributing them, in effect that is reselling them at cost, but I am pretty sure that is still reselling them.

I just don't want you getting any grief if the person paying you for redistributing them doesn't receive them and demands a refund.

My faith in Royal mail or any postal distributers is not particularly high.
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

12mp82 wrote:But in effect you are itsybitsy, you have bought them and are redistributing them, in effect that is reselling them at cost, but I am pretty sure that is still reselling them.

I just don't want you getting any grief if the person paying you for redistributing them doesn't receive them and demands a refund.

My faith in Royal mail or any postal distributers is not particularly high.
I'm not sure what your concern is here. Are you concerned that the package may not arrive with me from the wholesaler, or are you bothered by the thought that someone may not get their package from me?