Whey Protein, prepper food?

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
nickdutch

Re: Whey Protein, prepper food?

Post by nickdutch »

I would be more inclined to try and find sources of vitamins and minerals to keep your brain and body functioning myself.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
metatron

Post by metatron »

nickdutch wrote:I would be more inclined to try and find sources of vitamins and minerals to keep your brain and body functioning myself.
You can't function with out protein, vitamins and minerals are easy enough to get from growing a gardon. Keeping cattle, sheep, pigs or even chickens and rabbits are not always that practical being that energy output to produce meat is quite high, not to mention time consuming and hunting for wild game and stray pets and fishing is time consuming and can be a little unreliable from day to day.

I love to fishing but some days I may only get one or two, if everyone if forced to fish and hunt, the stock of land animals will disappear. I think fish stocks will improve if fuel was to become scarce but its still time consuming to do everyday.

Even if you where to put together a team of people and had two go out hunting and gathering while the others do something else needed, it is unlikely with the size of the UK population they would find enough to feed a team of people. Sure tinned meat and fish could be used but only last so long and could act as a key taste element of a meal with whey protein used to add the additional needed protein.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

metatron wrote:
nickdutch wrote:I would be more inclined to try and find sources of vitamins and minerals to keep your brain and body functioning myself.
You can't function with out protein, vitamins and minerals are easy enough to get from growing a gardon. Keeping cattle, sheep, pigs or even chickens and rabbits are not always that practical being that energy output to produce meat is quite high, not to mention time consuming and hunting for wild game and stray pets and fishing is time consuming and can be a little unreliable from day to day.

I love to fishing but some days I may only get one or two, if everyone if forced to fish and hunt, the stock of land animals will disappear. I think fish stocks will improve if fuel was to become scarce but its still time consuming to do everyday.

Even if you where to put together a team of people and had two go out hunting and gathering while the others do something else needed, it is unlikely with the size of the UK population they would find enough to feed a team of people. Sure tinned meat and fish could be used but only last so long and could act as a key taste element of a meal with whey protein used to add the additional needed protein.

Vitamins and minerals is why stocking stuff to sprout is a good move. If I am feeling lethargic, and I then eat some home made lentil and / or mung bean sprouts, I suddenly find myself able to do all kinds of tasks that I was putting off because I didn't feel like it.
reperio a solutio
steven321

Post by steven321 »

metatron wrote:So I've been using protein shakes as a food supplement for a few years helping to build muscle and have been mostly using Optimum Nutrition gold standard 100% whey, as when you mix it with skimmed milk it tastes quite nice. I recently bought some Pro-10 unflavoured whey protein to try it, as it was so cheap, £10 per KG, I've been mixing it with a banana and skimmed milk and its quite nice, but it could be added to anything.

Being that long term storage of good sources of protein buy can be tricky, it seems to me that as it can be stored for years it would make a good source of protein, in a world were getting access to meat, fish, eggs and even milk becomes harder access.
Hello,
I'm also using Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein. But I've to know that do you know about any other supplement which builds muscle fast??
Thanks in advance
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

steven321 wrote:
metatron wrote:So I've been using protein shakes as a food supplement for a few years helping to build muscle and have been mostly using Optimum Nutrition gold standard 100% whey, as when you mix it with skimmed milk it tastes quite nice. I recently bought some Pro-10 unflavoured whey protein to try it, as it was so cheap, £10 per KG, I've been mixing it with a banana and skimmed milk and its quite nice, but it could be added to anything.

Being that long term storage of good sources of protein buy can be tricky, it seems to me that as it can be stored for years it would make a good source of protein, in a world were getting access to meat, fish, eggs and even milk becomes harder access.
Hello,
I'm also using Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein. But I've to know that do you know about any other supplement which builds muscle fast??
Thanks in advance
I am no body builder, but I have a basic qualification in nutrition. So long as the protein you take is right you cant do much more apart from make sure that the body has the micro nutrients to fuel it. The big secret is that we cant get all of our nutrition from our foods even fresh veggies from the supermarket are depleted (especially in things such as MSM, an important detoxifyer and nutrient that works to help build proteins in the body including cartalidge as well as assists in the absorption of nutrition from foods.) so having a nutritional supplement routine is a good move. The only other thing you can do is to improve the workout, use a preworkout (such as COFFEE!!! 45 minutes before workout) drink plenty of water and if yuor stomach and liver can take it, creatine (CEE is easier to take in TABLET FORM) and testafen (fenugreek extract which releases stored test from the liver).

Another trick to raise testosterone to assist in muscle building is to incorporate an intermittent fasting routine into the program. Anything from "fast 5" to the leangains protocol even to OMAD (one meal a day). fasting before exercise and feeding after.
reperio a solutio