My first loaf!

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Attack Warning Red

Re: My first loaf!

Post by Attack Warning Red »

Scoobie - I'll have to try doing it manual like you. As I have the machine I guess I just rely on that. I also use the machine to mix up pizza dough, bread rolls, and I do a wicked Stromboli...

I paid £61 in 2006 for my machine, and it's been used roughly twice a week, every week since. So I probably got my money's worth. If it conked out (God forbid!) I'd replace it immediately. I also keep extra stock of flour etc. in my tin 'baking' box, so I never run out.
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

I was looking at a Kenwood breadmaker (forget which model it was), which has a timer functionality after having some bread made for me back in the summer...nothing quite like fresh bread!

A breadmaker would be awesome to use so you could have fresh bread waiting for you in the morning, or when you get in from work, but I think i'll be sticking to handbaking for now :)
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I do a small loaf on the timer in the BM every night - then we wake up to a lovely smell of new bread & a nice fresh loaf every day. :mrgreen:
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

One thing to keep in mind about the timer though - Bread takes about an hour and a half to properly cool, so if you set the timer so that the bread is ready for you at 8am, you won't be able to use it til around 9.30. So previously I've set it for 7am, got up for the bread and then headed back to bed...
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Ahhh but I've got a system :mrgreen: The OH gets up at half 6 (cos he's mad) and he gets the bread out. I get up at half 8.... 8-)
Magz

Post by Magz »

That looks lovely! I have a bread maker but I've never used it, I've lost the instructions :lol:
CityGirl

Post by CityGirl »

Looking good! Well done. My OH loves baking, and he's a dab hand at bread making from scratch.
Magz

Post by Magz »

CityGirl wrote:Looking good! Well done. My OH loves baking, and he's a dab hand at bread making from scratch.
He's great at it ain't he! I'm still making mine from the ready made mix lol
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

White bread rises more than brown, I think, but that is one well-risen loaf!

I assume it has now found its home in your stomach? :lol:
bigpaul

Post by bigpaul »

Magz wrote:That looks lovely! I have a bread maker but I've never used it, I've lost the instructions :lol:
Get in touch with the manufacturer, you should be able to do this online, tell them the model no. and they should be able to send you a new set on instructions.