Hemp Seed

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
i_am_jim

Re: Hemp Seed

Post by i_am_jim »

i havn't tried smoking hemp but i am told it can give you a headache. glad to see there is someone on here that is also educated to the wonders of this plant.
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

Hi I_Am_Jim, can I call you You_Are_Jim?

Was that the naughty hemp that gives the headache or the legal stuff? I know that you can smoke the naughty hemp and I was under the impression that the legal hemp was exactly like the naughty hemp except it didn't contain the same chemicals. If that is the case then surely it could be used as an alternative to tobacco when TSHTF.

Just a thought.
i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim »

you could smoke it as a tobbacco substitute, is safer to smoke than tobbacco you wouldnt get stoned as it only has a thc content of around 0.05 and 1%. still has the lovely smell but it is high in cbd's (cannabidiol), which are good at treating anxiety, convulsions, inflamation, nausea, as well as inhibit cancer cell growth, reduces schizophrenic symptoms, helps drug induced dystonia and also protects against "binge" alcohol induced neurodegeneration. where as higher thc levels 5- 23% (tetrahydrocannabinol) found in the illegal stuff can be used to treat. multiple sclerosis, arthritis, asthma, glaucoma, bipolar disorder, colorectal cancer, hiv assosiated sensory neuropathy, depression, epilepsy, digestive diseases, gliomas, hepatitus c, huntingdons disease, leukemia, mrsa, parkinsons disease, ptsd, psoriasis, sickle cell disease, sleep apnia, anorexia nervosa. and the list goes on and on and on. now i wonder why a plant with so many known uses is illegal. why are we not allowed to treat ourselves with a natural safe product that doesnt kill you???. instead they want us to take man made pharmacuticals that arnt safe and generally make you worse, pharmacuticals kill millions around the globe on a yearly basis. as well as being able to make clothes, food and building materials this plant is truly a preppers dream plant, provides you with so much. all the above medical uses can be found on the gw pharmacuticals website.
i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim »

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/beverage ... -seeds.htm. is an iteresting read has a bit on making hemp milk
Chef

Post by Chef »

silverrider wrote:
buttystella wrote:wow this hemp sounds good is it the same stuff that anglers use? How expensive is it and can it be grown in the UK.
Yes, not very, and yes it is, but you need a license from the Home Office, apparently :(
http://www.rawfoodideas.com/Hemp-Unique ... -Seed.html
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac ... =RESOURCES
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I've bought hemp seeds before today, in a kind of ordinary shop (ordinary in that it has premises, and complies with laws) - the lovely Infinity Foods http://www.infinityfoodswholesale.co.uk/.

I've just messaged them asking what they know about the legal situation on sprouting, and whats the biggest quantity they sell. Should be interesting. After all, sprouting is a really efficient way to use dried foods - they can be eaten raw, or only need a few minutes cooking, as opposed to up to a couple of hours for just ordinary cooking. Which means there's less chance of smells travelling, and alerting people after SHTF that you have something yummy that you're cooking.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

My message to Infinity, from another email account, was replied to this morning:

"Thank you for your enquiry.
Our biggest bag is 25kg.
Cant comment regarding sprouting except to say lots of our customers do it.
regards"

In other words, op sec! Do it, but don't talk about it :)
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

A licence will set you back £580 and you have to sign your life away to get one. (well nearly)

You also have to give them the coordinates of the land you are growing it on and how big the area is.

Anyone noticed that you can only get a licence for something that is lawful. You cannot get a licence for anything that is unlawful. If it is lawful, why do we need a licence? So they can monitor you and charge you for the pleasure.

Be lucky (and lawfully rebellious)
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

silverrider wrote: It is claimed that 25lbs of hemp seed and enought water can sustain one (wo)man for 14 MONTHS, providing all the nutrition needed to stay healthy.
Surely that can't be just eating the seeds? That would be about 50grams a day. Would the seeds need to be be sprouted to give you more sustanance?

Any advice would be appreciated as I think this is a great prepping food.

Be lucky