Are you using less?

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
jansman

Re: Are you using less?

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:16 pm
grenfell wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:40 amFor a long time now i've dried out my teabags so i can rip them open and only put the tea leaves into the compost.
I do that too now, all the time. I used to be pretty hit and miss about it, partly because of warnings that it should only be a small percentage of the soil. But it was a New Year resolution :mrgreen: which I've kept to, though I havent sorted the issue of where to put them long term. For now, I'm putting them on my side of a shared border at the front. I'm hoping the concentration will be enough to deter the ivy and the leylandii that are trying to take it over, from the neighbour.

In general - I've stuck too much with a few of my preps, so I've broadened out what I use - I'm using olives again, expiry October 2019, not too bad, but there's a lot of them so I need to keep going :lol:

Restocking when this is all over will be quite something. Of course, if we're on course for a real shtf event, then that will be the least of my problems :tinfoil :roll: :mrgreen:
We like to drop a few olives into a salad, or pasta dishes. Restocking is an issue I have thought about , like yourself. At the moment, we are using fresh food and frozen, and odd tins. We are consciously hanging on to our shelf stable stuff just in case my money supply dries up, or I cannot get another job.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Unforseen consequences
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Unforseen consequences
Attachments
tmp_31376-IMG_20200403_220652-217730221.jpg
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman