Food Delivery Alternative suppliers

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
korolev

Food Delivery Alternative suppliers

Post by korolev »

Someone told me last week that local wholesalers are looking for new outlets as all the Hotels and restaurants are now closed.
After a bit of searching I found one local to me who will deliver and yesterday afternoon stuck an order in for a few bits.
The feller just delivered it !
Some of the stuff is in catering tins, so I have 2.5kg tins or tomatos (we do use a lot so it's fine), some bags of gluten-free flour and bags of pasta.

Price wise it's not much different from supermarkets.

The one I used was adams-wholesale.com, deliver to Sussex (I have no affiliation) but I'm sure a google search for others.
Arzosah

Re: Food Delivery Alternative suppliers

Post by Arzosah »

That's *really* useful, thank you korolev!
Ahastyatom

Post by Ahastyatom »

A friend mentioned that the wholesalers that she works at is doing this but I did not even think to check near me (she is London based). :o :oops:

Had a quick search and there was a BBC article on it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... y-52066764

H
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Thanks, good info.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Has anyone tried the Morrison's food box ?

Its delivered by parcel courier rather then home-delivery.

They give you the choice of meat eater or veggie, but other then that its pot luck exactly whats in them
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I was wondering about abel and cole (are they still going?) Or the other weekly veg box deliveries, there's some farms and wholesalers here that do them, potluck again but I used to find them quite fun when I got one, it was like being on ready steady cook but without Ainsley's nonsense, not a bad word to say about the bloke but I don't think we would get on!

Wonder if they are all still going, and if they have any spare capacity a regular planned delivery is more likely to arrive.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
ClericalError

Post by ClericalError »

Most of the veg box people near me are not taking on new customers, with one or two running a waiting list for when they have more capacity.