Low-cost recipe blog

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
itsybitsy

Re: Low-cost recipe blog

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:14 pm Its bread lil.http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/2784/focaccia.aspx its rather nice.
It's fab! I love it!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Food is a very emotive topic.Half the world ,and probably more,does not get enough.The rest of the world has plenty ,and gets jaded,constantly seeking new tastes.I have customers plaguing my staff for new ideas constantly.Definitely a First World ' problem'. For a society awash with food,we are almost obsessive about it.

Mrs J and myself often go to dinner parties hosted by a BBC journalist friend.We meet some very interesting people from what can only be described as 'top end' professions: Doctors,lawyers etc.As soon as they know what I do for a living,conversation always turns to food.Such is its power.

As long as everyone gets enough of the grub they like,thats all that matters.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:29 pm Food is a very emotive topic.

Agreed.

For my dinner this evening I've had cottage cheese, tomato and spring onion on toast. No pink salt in sight. ;)
jansman

Post by jansman »

Mrs J working late,so I did a sausage casserole( with my own pork and wild mushroom sausage),the usual spicy tomato sauce and butterbeans.With instant mash! Proper belly filler.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:29 pm Food is a very emotive topic.Half the world ,and probably more,does not get enough.The rest of the world has plenty ,and gets jaded,constantly seeking new tastes.I have customers plaguing my staff for new ideas constantly.Definitely a First World ' problem'. For a society awash with food,we are almost obsessive about it.

Mrs J and myself often go to dinner parties hosted by a BBC journalist friend.We meet some very interesting people from what can only be described as 'top end' professions: Doctors,lawyers etc.As soon as they know what I do for a living,conversation always turns to food.Such is its power.

^^^^^ this

Made a lasagne for scran tonight, defrosted the bolognese and made the sauce and prepped it this afty, there is a world cup on ya know. ;)
it really is whatever works for you, some have restricted time, some a restricted budget, whatever, you go with what works for you at that time.

Those sausages sound great mate, never tried making sausages, seen it on TV etc but would you recommend it ?
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Clint was a bit of a catch, back in the day. Just sayin'...
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Deeps wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:52 pm
Those sausages sound great mate, never tried making sausages, seen it on TV etc but would you recommend it ?
I suppose the key thing about making your own is you know exactly whats in them..... Unlike the Historical sausage which was made from whatever the maker could get away with :shock:

I saw a recipe once for a veggie sausage based on mushrooms, I can't remember anything about apart from "X ozs of mushrooms, whatever varieties suit your tastes or budget "
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

itsybitsy wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:33 pm Clint was a bit of a catch, back in the day. Just sayin'...
Sure I read or watched Sondra Locke saying he was a bit of a nutjob control freak.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Deeps wrote:

When I say I made them,it was not at home.It was at work on our hydraulic filler.That kit knocks out a thousand pounds an hour! We use No.28 Devro collagen casings,so that they are an even shape and weight. How you would make slingers at home I really don't know. :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

I've made snorkers at home, yes, I know, very daring. I used the mincer and sausage making attachment on my Kenwood chef. :lol:
All the sausage gear you need can be got from here (I used them, very good)

https://www.tongmaster.co.uk
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon