Blight detected.

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
shocker

Re: Blight detected.

Post by shocker »

Brambles wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:43 am I think we can safely say there's a bit of a difference between a couple of soluble aspirin dissolved in a gallon of water to induce a blight resistance and the chemical horrors of intensive farming methods. :roll:
yes Bram, thats why I am asking you the question...I feel that I may not of made myself clear. I do not know much about small scale, non nasty chemical controls of blight.

so in card playing lingo, I will see your :roll: and raise you :?

:D :D
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

I see your Google skills are still weak grasshopper. The article linked to gave the dosage and concentration. Since Bordeaux Mixture was banned, there is no 'civilian' treatment to control blight and other fungal diseases. So I'll see your :? and call :roll: :roll: :x

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

On a serious note, it's a pain having no control for blight. I've lost whole crops of tomatoes to the disease, crops that were going to be preserved to see us through the winter and to watch it just rot on the vine is not only soul destroying but expensive. If Aspirin has the desired effect I think most of us growers will be cockahoop.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

jansman wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:46 pm The Blight normally visits my garden from late July.We shall see.
Ah...so probably the thing to do is simply to keep spaying every week from now until harvest?
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb