Gardening inspiration

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
jansman

Gardening inspiration

Post by jansman »

Here is a nice link to a back garden ' micro holding'.Where I found the link I cannot remember- indeed it may have been here! :lol: Anyhow, it isn't that dissimilar to my own set up,so it strikes a cord.It's rather inspirational ( I think) for those with little land.Have a look. :D

https://www.katefoxmicroholding.co.uk
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
featherstick

Re: Gardening inspiration

Post by featherstick »

This year I came close to chucking the allotment and had entered into detailed negotiations with SWMBO for what I could grow where in the back garden. Then I went up to the allotment to fetch a couple of paving slabs we needed, and three hours later I was still up there digging and weeding. I'd LOVE to take over the back garden like this and be able to make it as productive as these guys but the kids like it too much for running around it and SWMBO has worked wonders with the flowerbeds, and the allotment gives me a bit of space away from everyone and somewhere to swing the mattock.

But sites like this and the Vertical Veg man show how much could be grown from even very small areas, with sufficient input and a bit of start up. When the kids have moved on and I'm too decrepit for the allotment, this is what I will do. Thanks for posting.
jansman

Re: Gardening inspiration

Post by jansman »

You are welcome featherstick. I have only been able to make an edible ‘landscape ‘ since our girls left home. It is done tastefully though, and we still have three separate ‘leisure ‘ areas to sit, even though we are surrounded by climbing beans, tomatoes and plastic sacks of potatoes!

I have had allotments ( and each time they got built on),and a year or few back I had an acre of ground at the end of the village where I grew ( and sold) loads of veg and fruit. And goats too. That got built on! So now it’s the garden, and with my work, I have enough time to deal with it, and grow enough for Mrs J and me.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.