Birch sap

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Rebel Prepping

Birch sap

Post by Rebel Prepping »

Hello, I have recently harvested a load of birch sap however some of it came out of the tree brown. From what i have harvested before and from what i have read the sap is supposed to be clear. I was wondering if anyone knew what this was or if it is still safe to eat or not. Thank you.
Deeps

Re: Birch sap

Post by Deeps »

Not something I've ever done but from what I know its supposed to be clear.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

Rebel Prepping wrote:Hello, I have recently harvested a load of birch sap however some of it came out of the tree brown. From what i have harvested before and from what i have read the sap is supposed to be clear. I was wondering if anyone knew what this was or if it is still safe to eat or not. Thank you.

I have limited knowledge on this I'm sure others here might be able to help more, when you drilled the birch tree initially was the wood clear and white ? or was it brown-ish . if the wood was any colour than white the tree is dead or in the process of dying.

if you can still drink the brown sap I don't know
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
Rebel Prepping

Post by Rebel Prepping »

xplosiv1 wrote:
Rebel Prepping wrote:Hello, I have recently harvested a load of birch sap however some of it came out of the tree brown. From what i have harvested before and from what i have read the sap is supposed to be clear. I was wondering if anyone knew what this was or if it is still safe to eat or not. Thank you.

I have limited knowledge on this I'm sure others here might be able to help more, when you drilled the birch tree initially was the wood clear and white ? or was it brown-ish . if the wood was any colour than white the tree is dead or in the process of dying.

if you can still drink the brown sap I don't know
The tree was healthy as far as i know, i have processed it and it smells normal and i tasted a little and it tastes normal but i dont want to risk eating the rest