Venison

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
diamond lil

Venison

Post by diamond lil »

Can you do venison in a crockpot as a stew? Any good recipes or tips for that? It's too delicate and temperamental for my oven so I don't want to roast it :mrgreen: Son just handed in a nice big chunk of roe deer.
Deeps

Re: Venison

Post by Deeps »

I slow cook venison, loads of recipes, cos Her Maj is a veggie its all for me so I chilli and garlic the crap out of it. Thyme goes well with it I think too.
jansman

Post by jansman »

However you do a ' normal' stew usually diamond lil,do that,but with venison.Best way IMHO.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Deeps I right about the thyme.http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/2467/venison-stew.aspx looks good!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Oh brilliant, ty both :mrgreen:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

How much did you get ? My last delivery (from a mate that shoots) got split into 2 portions after I did my butchering. Still got half of it which will make 3 fat boy portions. I add carrots etc but not tatties, I like to do roast tatties with it.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

It's one hindquarter and leg. I think roast tatties sound great. And you could make soup from the bones too eh?
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

diamond lil wrote:It's one hindquarter and leg. I think roast tatties sound great. And you could make soup from the bones too eh?
Sure you could, I've not but Her Maj is the soup maker and as I'm not a prolific soup eater we don't tend to use bones/carcasses in soup. Have a nose round the tinterweb for inspiration.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

It'll just be Game soup. I make a lot of soup, it's low carb non-fattening and cheap lol
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

diamond lil wrote:It'll just be Game soup. I make a lot of soup, it's low carb non-fattening and cheap lol
Apparently 'bone soup' is 'IN' at the moment, it makes you all skinny and stuff. Her Maj was watching some guff about it the other week, I'm more of a trend setter than a trend follower so I'll stick with being a chubster.