Venison

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Jamesey1981

Re: Venison

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Venison is lovely in a slow cooker, I do it with beans and pearl barley.
Little tip, give it a little touch of balsamic vinegar, just a couple of capfuls, gives it a nice lift.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

It's game so won't be fatty and will respond well to slow, moist cooking.

DEFINITELY save the bones for stock - do it in your pressure cooker (add a drop of vinegar for extra richness) and freeze it in half-pint blocks.

Lucky old you!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Deeps wrote:
diamond lil wrote:It'll just be Game soup. I make a lot of soup, it's low carb non-fattening and cheap lol
Apparently 'bone soup' is 'IN' at the moment, it makes you all skinny and stuff. Her Maj was watching some guff about it the other week, I'm more of a trend setter than a trend follower so I'll stick with being a chubster.
That explains why we have had so many customers asking for marrow bones at work! Another fad then.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote:
Deeps wrote:
diamond lil wrote:It'll just be Game soup. I make a lot of soup, it's low carb non-fattening and cheap lol
Apparently 'bone soup' is 'IN' at the moment, it makes you all skinny and stuff. Her Maj was watching some guff about it the other week, I'm more of a trend setter than a trend follower so I'll stick with being a chubster.
That explains why we have had so many customers asking for marrow bones at work! Another fad then.
Aye, the program she was watching basically said it wasn't the new 'wonder food' that was being claimed but it would make the good healthy stuff that our parents had.