Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
diamond lil

Re: powdered millk

Post by diamond lil »

Condensed milk straight onto cornflakes... drool :twisted:
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Evaporated milk over tinned Peaches.......Ahh the glories of a 1960's childhood. :D
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Brambles wrote:Evaporated milk over tinned Peaches.......Ahh the glories of a 1960's childhood. :D
You had a deprived upbringing, we got evaporated milk on fruit cocktail sometimes. :D
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Deeps wrote:
Brambles wrote:Evaporated milk over tinned Peaches.......Ahh the glories of a 1960's childhood. :D
You had a deprived upbringing, we got evaporated milk on fruit cocktail sometimes. :D
I did. Mum stopped serving fruit cocktail coz we fought over the grapes and cherries :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Brambles wrote:
I did. Mum stopped serving fruit cocktail coz we fought over the grapes and cherries :lol:
Yeah, I think we were all the same, I wasn't even bothered about the cherries but if my brother had 2 and I didn't have any then I felt a sense of injustice.

PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Deeps wrote:I've not had condensed or evaporated milk since I was a kid, for research purposes I'll have to get a can of each.
I like your thinking!

I use condensed milk in an amazing Mary Berry Cheesecake recipe. Scaping out the tin after using it is the best!!!
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

PreppingPingu wrote:
Deeps wrote:I've not had condensed or evaporated milk since I was a kid, for research purposes I'll have to get a can of each.
I like your thinking!

I use condensed milk in an amazing Mary Berry Cheesecake recipe. Scaping out the tin after using it is the best!!!

No, no, no. You're doing it all wrong....You have to double the amount of condensed milk, dip into one with a spoon whilst making the recipe with the other. Then you have TWO tins to scrape out at the end. :mrgreen: Did I mention I was a condensed milk addict? I can't have it in the house for above reason. :oops: :D
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I've never had it in the house since we started trying to eat healthy. Just about the same time as our health fell apart.. I think we were healthier when we ate rubbish. I want some condensed milk now :cry:
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

BUMP!

A follow on from Sainsburys Basics dried milk-gate.

I got some normal Sainsburys dried milk and I believe it's the same, just packaged differently. Price is the same too. Happy days. :D
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Really? The last time I bought the Sainsbury's regular range of dried milk it was more expensive and definitely different! Time to visit Sainsbury's again! :D
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb