And sow it begins.

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Brambles

Re: And sow it begins.

Post by Brambles »

jansman wrote:
Brambles wrote:Getting exciting!! Not long now :mrgreen:
Dead right.I am looking forward to sowing a load of weird,Eastern Bloc tomato seed someone let me have! :lol:
:lol: :lol: Me too. I sent the family in question some runner bean seeds. They'd never seen them before and are very excited at the prospect of salting them down as they don't have a freezer. We could learn so much from them :P
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
jansman

Post by jansman »

That's great! I have some spaghetti squash seeds they might use. Only about ten or so I can spare,but they are a cracking Winter squash.I will get them to you and maybe you can forward them on? I know they are grown in Serbia,so maybe they are familiar, but most folks have never heard of them.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

They grow a lot of Squash. Honest I saw a photo of a mountain of squash and they use it to fatten up the pigs! They don't eat it themselves. So I wouldn't bother :roll:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
jansman

Post by jansman »

Fair enough.To fatten the pigs! Oh well,different folks,different strokes! :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
jeebus

Post by jeebus »

Unfortunately it's too wet here at the moment to do anything worthwhile on the allotment (I've only just got it so am looking forward to later on in the year). I sowed some basil, parsley and chives in pots for the kitchen windowsill at the weekend if that counts
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

jeebus wrote:Unfortunately it's too wet here at the moment to do anything worthwhile on the allotment (I've only just got it so am looking forward to later on in the year). I sowed some basil, parsley and chives in pots for the kitchen windowsill at the weekend if that counts
Yes it does!
I'm the same here, can't get on the plot for fear of getting mud boots. I'm getting ready for the off though! :D
jansman

Post by jansman »

Here's a nice link from a favourite writer.https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -gardening

Robert Frost.

Me.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Brilliant read. I feel the same way this time of year. I have a piece of paper ready to start the plan. It's all in my head at the moment. :mrgreen:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Brambles wrote:Brilliant read. I feel the same way this time of year. I have a piece of paper ready to start the plan. It's all in my head at the moment. :mrgreen:
Me too. When it’s on paper, I WILL stick to the plan this year! :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

jansman wrote:
Brambles wrote:Brilliant read. I feel the same way this time of year. I have a piece of paper ready to start the plan. It's all in my head at the moment. :mrgreen:
Me too. When it’s on paper, I WILL stick to the plan this year! :lol:
My son calls my gardening plans fluid.... :roll: :lol: