Tattie Scones

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Deeps

Tattie Scones

Post by Deeps »

Just had a go at making them, easy peasy and the ingredients are very simple and cheap. Potatoes, flour, salt, oil and that's it. Plenty of 'how to' vids on youtube. You can even do it while out camping. They go great with a fried egg on a roll too.
Plymtom

Re: Tattie Scones

Post by Plymtom »

I figured those out years ago, one of the nice things from Scotland where my wife's dad's lot came from, we went on honeymoon, steak sausages and millionaire's shortbread :)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Deeps

Re: Tattie Scones

Post by Deeps »

Plymtom wrote:I figured those out years ago, one of the nice things from Scotland where my wife's dad's lot came from, we went on honeymoon, steak sausages and millionaire's shortbread :)
Been eating them for years, just fancied having a go as I thought they should be easy and they are. I used to keep them in the freezer in small packets (4 or 5) and tend to yomp them over the week. I doubt I'll buy any more as they are that easy (and cheap). Took a bit of playing with the first ones as I used a bit too much oil and they were sort of cooked to the finished article as opposed to 'half done' for storage. Not an issue, they died for a good cause. :D

Never been a fan of the steak sausage though or even worse, lorne/square sausage, I can eat it fine, its not a deal breaker but I'd rather rock it old skool and go with pork. I'd put it on a par with the chicken/turkey sausages I've eaten out the middle/far east. Each to their own, I worked with a guy who LOVED the chicken/turkey sausages. We've all got our preferences.