Reduced price food every day in Tesco Express

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Catswhiskers

Reduced price food every day in Tesco Express

Post by Catswhiskers »

tonight I got 9 punnets of strawberries for 50p each down from £2. Had I been around later they would have been cheaper still...90% off. Tesco stores reduce foods with today's date in the early part of the day. At 6 o'clock they reduce them again and around ?7pm they go down to 10% of the original price.
Last week I was passing a Tesco Express and got packs of chicken breast slices, not the mush, for 18p. Bread may be as little as 10p. It is the luck of the draw. I knew there would be fruit tonight as I bought petrol there on my way home last night and checked the sell by date . Tomorrow there should be raspberries cherries and blueberries and I pass there again tomorrow. I will dry some and make jam with the rest. I like the smaller store since there is not a bunch of people hanging around waiting for the staff to reduce things which is what tends to happen in larger stores.
I see nothing wrong with buying food this way. Had I bought the same yesterday at full price ...shudder...there might still be some in my fridge waiting to be eaten. It leaves more money for other things.