Excalibur Dehydrator Review.

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
shocker

Re: Excalibur Dehydrator Review.

Post by shocker »

Out of interest : What sort of element does it have ? Would it be something like this ?

https://yandex.ru/images/search?img_url ... rpt=simage
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
gadgetguy

Post by gadgetguy »

Hi shocker i am not sure what type the element is,i thought it best to send it back under its warranty.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

gadgetguy wrote:Hi shocker i am not sure what type the element is,i thought it best to send it back under its warranty.
Pfft, where's your sense of joi de vivre, derring do etc. :P
gadgetguy

Post by gadgetguy »

Don't worry Deeps it's still there ;)

Just didn't want a jobsworth warranty guy voiding it just cause I got all curious :oops:
shocker

Post by shocker »

What Deeps said ^^^ up there...wheres your Blitz spirit ? It was Vera Lynns 100th birthday the other day, she didnt get to her age by not dismantling everything in sight. Then putting it back together, with a few bits left over !

Just kidding mate, keep that warranty going, try to get it updated to start again from the time of the service repair. That should keep you ahead of the inbuilt obsolescence. ;)
redskies

Post by redskies »

We've got one too, the nine tray, and it is, as you say, the bits! It's a 'second' - never been able to find what was allegedly wrong with it - and we've never had any bother with it, works great :)
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

We have a free 5 year warranty thing on our Dyson, just as well really the damn thing is like Trigger's brush now I think the lead, the motor and housing and the crevice tool are the only original bits four and a half years in, some have been replaced more than once or twice :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
shocker

Post by shocker »

Shades of "four candles" :D :D

Do you think, if I go to the retailers and have a tantrum, they will give me a 9-shelf-er, to go away ? :?
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

shocker wrote:Shades of "four candles" :D :D

Do you think, if I go to the retailers and have a tantrum, they will give me a 9-shelf-er, to go away ? :?
Sadly no, I did my research and the consensus was buy once cry once ( for a long time) but it was with some inheritance when my mother passed, I wanted to be sure whatever I got lasted, and hopefully outlasted me, that's why I got cast iron cookware too, stuff we could not afford otherwise ;) the recent addition of the commercial vac packing machine though was the second attempt ( a case of we bought a cheap one and it was crap - cry no more you pratt ) and it is well on the way to paying for itself, I can now cater for my family of 5 much better when buying meat ( everything comes in twos, four's, or six's what doesn't get used gets sealed and frozen and comes out as good as it went in :D The mason jars with the vac adapter ore going to be a real boon for powdered egg, and some other stuff, I was going to use them for flour but have found that Vac sealing it in the bag, freezing it for a week, then putting it in the dark cupboard it an option, this leaves me with about 20 1 litre jars to play with when the weather improves, I thought I may try to make my own camp food as someone else suggested.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Well, I've had this 8 months now and I can honestly say, Excaliburs are worth every penny. :D

Now I have sussed out the temps and preparation techniques I am getting superb results. I really am happy to recommend it to anyone thinking of taking the plunge.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon