Space saving ways to grow food.

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
jansman

Re: Space saving ways to grow food.

Post by jansman »

In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

http://www.verticalveg.org.uk/

This guy is good. I've been on one of his courses and he has some interesting knowledge based out of real experience. For instance, a high pot will get more light than a lower-down one, even over a couple of feet, so build a ladder and grow chard and salad at the bottom and tomatoes at the top. But really, anywhere you can put a pot, you can grow something.
Bearded Prepper

Post by Bearded Prepper »

I had an old 220l waterbutt left over from previous owner, decided to try a vertical garden. Planted 6 potatoes (shop bought) that chitted white in cupboard.

every time they the plants got to about a foot in height i filled up 6 more inches of compost... now they are almost as tall as me and i cant wait to tip it all out and harvest. They survived frost protected by the water butt, the shade allowed them to harden off naturally and they were a very vibrant green. i am by no means green fingered but other than adding more soil i have done nothing and they have flourished. Nice and easy and hopefully a decent yield as they have been back-filled