Went down the allotment today

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Brambles

Re: Went down the allotment today

Post by Brambles »

The weather looks good for this weekend and now it's the turn of french and runner beans to plant out. I'll be sowing another row or two of carrots and some swede. I have some parsley, dill and basil to plant out as well, and I'm going to direct sow some more.
What is already growing is doing well; spuds were earthed up last week, garlic and onions are starting to swell now and broad beans have flowers, the parsnips, beetroot, peas and carrots are all up.

Looking to save seed so no F1 varieties.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
jansman

Post by jansman »

Brambles wrote:The weather looks good for this weekend and now it's the turn of french and runner beans to plant out. I'll be sowing another row or two of carrots and some swede. I have some parsley, dill and basil to plant out as well, and I'm going to direct sow some more.
What is already growing is doing well; spuds were earthed up last week, garlic and onions are starting to swell now and broad beans have flowers, the parsnips, beetroot, peas and carrots are all up.

Looking to save seed so no F1 varieties.
Sounds great! I love allotments.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Got the Borlotti beans planted out, just in time as they were ready to climb :shock: Dill, Parsley and Basil are also out and weather permitting I'll plant out the climbing French Beans.
Some of the second sowing of squash are up. Another week or two and the winter greens should be big enough to plant out. Did I mention I love this time of year? :D :lol: :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

You guys are really inspiring! I'm helping a neighbour who is too busy to do much himself at the mo. Plenty of rhubarb, some raspberries, dwarf beans. Ripped out the old woody sprouting broccoli as it had gone to rack and ruin. Plenty of plums, blackberries. Swap for Bramleys and pears from a neighbour. I've planted wild flowers, sunflowers, Russian giant potatoes and some tomatoes. Bit late in the year but the seeds are from a sale and I need to practice on something cheap and idiot-proof!