Huel . A 3 month study

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
poppypiesdad

Huel . A 3 month study

Post by poppypiesdad »

Evening all .I first came across huel in a post by Nickdutch and though it was a good idea for the store cupboard .
Fast forward 3 months
Overweight 18st
Borderline diabetic
Blood pressure on the rise again 160/90 .
Absolutely shit myself . I'm only 45 and got a wee one so totally bottled it . Panicked and decided I needed to change my lifestyle NOW . Not later but now
So 3 months ago stopped eating . And started on huel . Why you say . You nuts . Well no.
Complete food in a shake
No waste
No hassle all you need is a shaker and water.
It's 150 cals a scoop 3 scoops a shake 3 shakes a day 1500 cals a day .
Wooooh I hear you not enough cals a day well......
I'm mainly mobile based in a van .
Driving is my main job now with a wee bit of work tacked on it . And more driving .

So 3 months later
Still on shakes
15 st loosing about a lb a week
Started on couch to 5k
Blood pressure 128/ 84 last reading
Still don't know if I'm a confirmed diabetic but not been back to docs for fateful blood test

It works out about £1.45 a meal
Only water needed
On decaf tea.and coffee
Have the occasional proper meal
So thank you nick for the heads up

Link to huel
www.huel.com

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
Lanky Yankee

Re: Huel . A 3 month study

Post by Lanky Yankee »

Well done mate. I'm not a big fan of people doing shake diets, but it sounds like you're doing really good. I bet the borderline diabetes has sorted itself now after looking 3 stone.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I've always looked at those things like huel and soylent and I like the idea, but I think I'd miss food too much, never occurred to me that they would make a good diet food though.
I have considered getting some for breakfast, I have a stomach condition that means I often feel queasy first thing so I rarely eat breakfast, which isn't good for you so I was thinking of using something like that and giving it a go, I had forgotten about it until now so cheers for the reminder.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Well done poppiesdad, Poppy will thank you later in life when you are still around and still able to be with her.