What are you dehydrating?

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture

Re: What are you dehydrating?

Postby Brambles » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Either slice as you would potatoes or chop into dice no bigger 1cm, either way don't forget to blanch. I like both as you can rehydrate the slices and fry in butter or use the dice in a stew or make mash. :)
Prepping Lite. We carry a lot of food and torches, but we also like wine and holidays ~ itsy

Postby jansman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Brambles wrote:Either slice as you would potatoes or chop into dice no bigger 1cm, either way don't forget to blanch. I like both as you can rehydrate the slices and fry in butter or use the dice in a stew or make mash. :)

You took your time Brambles! :lol: Thanks, I knew you’d know :D
'Yesterday is history,tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift.'
Josephine Burgess.

Postby ukpreppergrrl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:41 pm

jansman wrote:I have turned my beds over and have rather more parsnips than we can use at the moment. I don’t want to take up room in the freezer, so dehydration it is. Advice please?

I do them the same as carrots - blanch, slice and dehydrate. They don't go as small as slices of carrots do when dried. A handful of both and a handful of dried spuds and some dried onions with a tin of stewing steak...add boiling water and cook for about 40 mins until the dried stuff has hydrated. Yummy stew!
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb

Previous

Return to Food, Nutrition and Agriculture