Bike vs Cars? Can you store petrol?!

Logistics and Transport
lonewolf

Re: Bike vs Cars? Can you store petrol?!

Post by lonewolf »

a genni makes too much noise post SHTF, just look what happened to that guy in "Blackout", after TSHTF sound is going to carry a long way. you'd be surprised just how quiet quiet will be!!
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
fruitbat

Post by fruitbat »

Thanks for the info guys.

Yep it's going to be best for me to learn to ride and drive. It's not that I have a disability, I just never got round to it when I was younger!! Hope I'm not too old to learn! :p
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

fruitbat wrote:Thanks for the info guys.

Yep it's going to be best for me to learn to ride and drive. It's not that I have a disability, I just never got round to it when I was younger!! Hope I'm not too old to learn! :p
For riding a bike, depending on where you live either London Cycling Campaign or Cyclists' Touring Club might have trainers. When we were training adults to ride a bike we'd start off with a utility bike, set the saddle so that both feet could go on the ground, take the pedals off, and get the learner to learn to scoot along the ground and balance while moving, turning, braking etc. Balancing is the more difficult skill, once you've got your balance and are confident in handling, steering and so on you can put the pedals back on and off you go. A nice big park is a good place to learn.

Once you've learnt that, you'll want help with road skills - positioning, anticipation, negotiation and so on. Worth going out with an experience cyclist for this.
fruitbat

Post by fruitbat »

Thanks for that help featherstick I'll take note!