biodiesel storage and transport

Logistics and Transport
bob the builder

biodiesel storage and transport

Post by bob the builder »

Due to a change of job I can now start storing a months worth of fuel couldn't before due to using 60-80 litres a week which would have meant storing near 400 litres of bio not a good idea as I don't have the space. Now only need about 20-30 litres per weeks 150 so 70 in the tank it's only another 80-100 so 5 jerry cans? More doable. Prob I have is can I legally store this amount of bio. I know there is limits for petrol and already keep 2 5ltr plastic fuel cans for gardening equip and genny. Bio I will buy in once a month from a company but they are an hour's round trip. Diesel was normally bought as and when not very prepping so like the idea of always having at min a weeks fuel on hand. So can I transport and store this amount of bio?

Or am I right in thinking as it could be described as processed veg oil and not a fuel until it hits the tank therefore perfectly safe to carry as much as sensible ie not overloading the vehicle?
Not planning for the end of the world just to survive till normality resumes, while sticking to the scout moto be prepared!

Still considering do I want to survive the end of the world or deck chair on the front lawn with a cold beer?
poppypiesdad

Re: biodiesel storage and transport

Post by poppypiesdad »

Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
bob the builder

Post by bob the builder »

I've read that before but there is no mention of biodiesel plus the storage info seems to be for petrol but no info on diesel so I'm still confused. I don't want to fall foul of the law but want to survive through any fuel shortages plus save a few quid running bio. I'm not planning for the end of the world just survive through life's unexpected shortages.
Not planning for the end of the world just to survive till normality resumes, while sticking to the scout moto be prepared!

Still considering do I want to survive the end of the world or deck chair on the front lawn with a cold beer?
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

if you want to be safe just read BIO diesel as Diesel , simples , because plod isnt going to be concerned what it is , if it looks like fuel they will treat it as fuel.

J
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

Not sure about the amount you can legally store, but don't forget to as some additive to prevent Diesel bug build up.
Xico

Post by Xico »

I have a mechanic friend, and he building an engenie soybena oil.