I finally got a BOV.

Logistics and Transport
preppingsu

Re: I finally got a BOV.

Post by preppingsu »

JOE90 wrote:
itsybitsy wrote:
J23 wrote:And I just keep fit and spend money on more important things than 4x4. And once shtf I will find prepper in fancy bov an Will take his bov (usualy some old 4x4 bought for last pennies iso taking wife And kids once in a lifetime for holidays to Spain),supplies and bugout location (I know it will be the one that was made to look abandoned and unused) ;). And I will know it is a prepper as he will be dressed in military like clothes (prepper can't wear jeans or track bottoms)
So keep prepping guys, the more of you the better ;)and once shtf you will recognise me as I will be running on streets dressed as power ranger (the green one whatever his name) ;)
I don't understand this post. It seems to suggest that you are not a prepper yourself. If this is the case, why are you on this forum? This post is pretty inflammatory.

You are behaving more like an internet troll than a member of this community. Not only that, but you seem to think it is fine to steal someone's vehicle, by force if required. I am not sure what your motivations are to be honest.
I had to laugh at this "trolls" post. If you look at most of what he posts, he lacks the ability to string a sentence together. Either that or his keyboard is gummed up from bodily fluids brought on from the "other" websites he visits.
As J23 has said in a previous post he is not from these shores and english is his second language, hence the poor sentence construction. However, I am not sure what is meant by his post so it would be good if he could explain himself.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

I'm always keen to help so I shall attempt to translate:

Save money, keep fit, SHTF happen, find prepper, steal BOV, annex (or buy) wife, find pretty BOL, (maybe pretty BOY), change out of joggers, change into camo gear. Viva Espanol! Then change into Spandex green onesy and run through streets.

It's a plan but probably not the best one I could think of. I'd also go for a onesy made from Ripstop material.

I'm not sure what J23's motivation is because up to now it's been a good read about a vehicle being upcycled.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

I think his post is self explanatory.
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

preppingsu wrote:
I don't understand this post. It seems to suggest that you are not a prepper yourself. If this is the case, why are you on this forum? This post is pretty inflammatory.

You are behaving more like an internet troll than a member of this community. Not only that, but you seem to think it is fine to steal someone's vehicle, by force if required. I am not sure what your motivations are to be honest.
I had to laugh at this "trolls" post. If you look at most of what he posts, he lacks the ability to string a sentence together. Either that or his keyboard is gummed up from bodily fluids brought on from the "other" websites he visits.

As J23 has said in a previous post he is not from these shores and english is his second language, hence the poor sentence construction. However, I am not sure what is meant by his post so it would be good if he could explain himself.
Seems that J23's attitude can be summed up with a reference to another thread , quite depressing really -
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9595&hilit=Marauders

Sorry if I've messed up the quotes :oops:
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

wont just apply to other "preppers" I'm afraid but, most of the population wont have prepared and will look to take what they can from others. in that case we all need to be on our guard against such parasites.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

Don't take it too seriously, I try to make light of the anti-preppers. I think most of the regular positive members on here are aware of them and prepped for them.
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

don't take them too seriously, but be aware and be ready for them should the need arise,( most of it is BS and bluster anyway).
J23

Post by J23 »

I am not anti prepper. I prepp reasonably and hope nothing will happen. A lot of my posts Is just sarcasm against things that seem to be weird for me: like buying 4x4 to bug out. The country is so dense that wherever you'll move there will be people. Besides once shtf can't you bug out with Vauxhall vectra for example? Not my business of course but still makes me laugh. Unfortunately not everybody gets my sense of humour ;)
All the best all
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

J23 wrote:I am not anti prepper. I prepp reasonably and hope nothing will happen. A lot of my posts Is just sarcasm against things that seem to be weird for me: like buying 4x4 to bug out. The country is so dense that wherever you'll move there will be people. Besides once shtf can't you bug out with Vauxhall vectra for example? Not my business of course but still makes me laugh. Unfortunately not everybody gets my sense of humour ;)
All the best all
not everybody preps to the same level or for the same events. I don't know where you are, nor do I want to, but you are in error about the denseness of the population, its not evenly spread out, there are lots of people in some places but not in others. depending on the event not everyone will survive.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

J23 wrote:I am not anti prepper. I prepp reasonably and hope nothing will happen. A lot of my posts Is just sarcasm against things that seem to be weird for me: like buying 4x4 to bug out. The country is so dense that wherever you'll move there will be people. Besides once shtf can't you bug out with Vauxhall vectra for example? Not my business of course but still makes me laugh. Unfortunately not everybody gets my sense of humour ;)
All the best all
Okay, I accept what you're saying but as in my earlier responses to your posts, I believe you have a very narrow view and if it's not in line with your view, you label it weird. To respond to your example, let's suppose one was flooded this winter and found oneself stranded because of the poor fording capabilities of a Vauxhall Vectra therefore, a 4x4 would be high on one's prepping priorities.

People prep for a wide and varied number of reasons based upon their own experiences and risk assessments which may not be inline with yours. Because they aren't in line with your priorities doesn't make them weird or laughable.