I finally got a BOV.

Logistics and Transport
lonewolf

Re: I finally got a BOV.

Post by lonewolf »

I get this all the time Briggs2, if my ideas and opinions aren't the same as someone else's I'm labelled weird......story of my life!!! :lol:
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
rickoshea

Post by rickoshea »

J23 wrote:I am not anti prepper. I prepp reasonably and hope nothing will happen. A lot of my posts Is just sarcasm against things that seem to be weird for me: like buying 4x4 to bug out. The country is so dense that wherever you'll move there will be people. Besides once shtf can't you bug out with Vauxhall vectra for example? Not my business of course but still makes me laugh. Unfortunately not everybody gets my sense of humour ;)
All the best all
I consider myself a prepper of sorts, and yes I have a 4x4. But that's because I live on top of a mountain and it snows sometimes, not for bugging out. I also have a nice shiny car for everyday use. I have a job, I go on holidays, I have sky tv. I don't wear camo - ever. I think your sweeping generalisation that we are all weird is a bit harsh, even if you do play the "only joking" card afterward. Unfortunately, your joking plan to come over to everyones home loot and pillage has placed you firmly in the "avoid" category, and I'm not joking. Fortunately for me you have no idea who I am, where I live, and never will.
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

rickoshea wrote: your joking plan to come over to everyones home loot and pillage has placed you firmly in the "avoid" category, and I'm not joking. Fortunately for me you have no idea who I am, where I live, and never will.
not only to avoid, but to be ready and waiting when this person and others of his ilk come over the top of the hill(ready, aim, FIRE :lol:)
rickoshea

Post by rickoshea »

Lonewolf, I have many surprises, and none of them nice. I just want to avoid ever facing that prospect.
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

yep, same here, but if I have to, I will, make no mistakes!
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Not wanting to back up trolls if that is what he is but is it only me who can see the irony here? Someone suggests stealing stuff from preppers ( which is a bad thing) and the response is to shoot first and ask questions later?
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

grenfell wrote:Not wanting to back up trolls if that is what he is but is it only me who can see the irony here? Someone suggests stealing stuff from preppers ( which is a bad thing) and the response is to shoot first and ask questions later?
Yes, indeed...

Ok folks, we've all had our say now, so let's get this thread back on track, please.

Prep on!
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Yes itsy you're correct and I at least will apologise to joe90 for his thread going off on a tangent.
Back on topic, while I can't offer any real technical advice it's my own belief that a BOV is more about increasing one's confidence irrespective of what type of vehical it is , whether it's an all terrain , all wheel drive jobby or a push bike , being prepared and having the ability to react if the necessaty arises.
Briggs 2.0

Post by Briggs 2.0 »

grenfell wrote:Yes itsy you're correct and I at least will apologise to joe90 for his thread going off on a tangent.
Back on topic, while I can't offer any real technical advice it's my own belief that a BOV is more about increasing one's confidence irrespective of what type of vehical it is , whether it's an all terrain , all wheel drive jobby or a push bike ,
being prepared and having the ability to react if the necessaty arises.
Yes, my BOV would be the quad but it's hardly discrete and next to useless without fuel so I'm on the look out for two sturdy pedal bikes.
Off-Grid & Living Outdoors
FEISTY

Post by FEISTY »

J23 wrote:I am not anti prepper. I prepp reasonably and hope nothing will happen. A lot of my posts Is just sarcasm against things that seem to be weird for me: like buying 4x4 to bug out. The country is so dense that wherever you'll move there will be people. Besides once shtf can't you bug out with Vauxhall vectra for example? Not my business of course but still makes me laugh. Unfortunately not everybody gets my sense of humour ;)
All the best all
Sorry, J23 - thought you were a nutter - subsequently checked some of your other posts and I think we all misunderstood. A sense of humour is crucial :). If I have to bug out, it will be in a Jaguar or a Peugeot 107 :)! I don't fancy our chances, so I'll be staying put unless it comes to a life-limiting situation.