Why we prep....

Logistics and Transport
Charlie 5

Why we prep....

Post by Charlie 5 »

So, there I was driving to the gym in my old LR90 Pick Up when the gearbox decided to withdraw its labour with an awful screeching noise(is there any screeching noise that isn't awful? :shock: :shock: :shock: Anyways, luckily (or as Mr Spock used to say - Random factors seemed to have occurred in our favour) I was not on a public road with other vehicles or people and I was able to 'nurse' the LR (1st gear, low range 5mph, has anyone ever driven at 5mph???) to the Workshops, where on Monday morning there will be much scratching off heads, rubbing of chins, the inevitable sighing and final comment of "That's not going to be cheap".....

I always carry my GoBag (a Snugpak response bag, loaded with food, drink, other EDC essentials), so got it on. Clothing - well, always, cargo pants, t-shirt and lightweight Magnum Elite Spider Recon Boots with 1000 mile socks, so was able to hike the 5 miles home across the fields in relative comfort. The point of this rather long winded post is to remind ourselves, that we just never know what is around the corner.....
If I fail, at least I fail whilst daring greatly, so that my place will never be with those cold and timid souls who have known neither victory or defeat
jonb

Re: Why we prep....

Post by jonb »

Sorry to hear of your gearbox problem Charlie 5.

Looking on the bright side ( as preppers should ) you were ready, able to cope and be self reliant.

You could even treat it as a rehearsal for future events ;)
Malthouse

Re: Why we prep....

Post by Malthouse »

Shame about the Landy, I used to leave mine alone for a few days when she broke down - generally the Leyland Pixies came out and fixed it. :D

Nice going with the kit though, better than a taxi and you had earned a tipple by the time you got home I guess?