Does anyone use CB?

Logistics and Transport
Malthouse

Re: Does anyone use CB?

Post by Malthouse »

I am way way south, perhaps further south than you think. ;)

UK band seems like a goer to me, easy and cheap to get the equipment should someone fancy a dabble and not already have it.

Can we say UK channel 13 at 13:00 on Sundays? Using our user names on here as handles, or do we want a call sign system (no problems there if we do and it will stand in good stead for other frequencies)?
northern bloke

Post by northern bloke »

Well I've just bolted a whip antenna on my roof rack and feedback is its working just fine + 30s 8 to 9 mile away if anyone up north wants to have a bit of experiment let me know and Ill join in
Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

I doubt this weather will be any good for propagation, but I plan to take a trundle up to high ground and send out a few transmissions on UK13 at 1300 today.
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

is there a radio someone could use post Shtf in a power down situation, say bugging out on foot??(i.e. no mains power, no recharging, moving about so not solar panel either).
Adapt or Die, there is no middle ground.
Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

Sure is, have a look at the Getting Started in Radio Communications thread. Though I recall you saying you would not go down this route?
northern bloke

Post by northern bloke »

Malthouse wrote:I doubt this weather will be any good for propagation, but I plan to take a trundle up to high ground and send out a few transmissions on UK13 at 1300 today.
There is a PC based thing that one can hear ham and the likes on live, I just went for a look to see if it will do 11 meter channels and as I understand it it does but when I type the frequency in for CH 13 it drops to the other end of the scale which is a pity it would have been cool if I could have picked up on the net, following is a link to the site if anyone's interested.

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
Last edited by northern bloke on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

northern bloke wrote:There is a PC based thing that one can hear ham and the likes on live, I just went for a look to see if it will do 11 meter channels and as I understand it it does but when I type the frequency in for CH 13 it drops to the other end of the scale which is a pity it would have been cool if I could have picked up on the net following is a link to the site if anyone's interested.
Have you got a channel that will be relayed? 20 minutes to set this up! 8-)
Jack the Lad

Post by Jack the Lad »

I have been looking all morning, I can't find one :x
northern bloke

Post by northern bloke »

If you have the gear to transmit multiple freq have a look at the site and try and find a freq you can pick your equipment on and Ill try and do the same from my end (Im not that savvy I just looked up FM ch 13 freq and typed it in but it went to the other side of the scale to the left away from 11 meter)
Malthouse

Post by Malthouse »

The scale on that site is in KHz I think?

Anyway, blue skies here so at high ground and transmitting on uk13 every few minutes, calling "UKP any UKP station, this is Malthouse on 13" or similar :)