Does anyone use CB?

Logistics and Transport
Camoninja

Does anyone use CB?

Post by Camoninja »

Got one and just wondered what the laws were on it before I rigged it all up, also anyone from SE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
unsure

Re: Does anyone use CB?

Post by unsure »

i have one in my land rover and i did have one in my wagon back in the day .
some truck drivers still use them and as for the law . well theres no law that says you can`t use them .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Camoninja

Does anyone use CB?

Post by Camoninja »

Might have to tinker with it and see if if picks up anything, could be usefull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
TopSod

Does anyone use CB?

Post by TopSod »

Is there such a thing as a wind up CB? In a shtf situation with no electric they'd be a godsend. I've searched and never come across any, only wind up radios.
jonb

Post by jonb »

Hi All

Funny I was thinking about CB the other day ( what an exciting life I lead ! ) .

On ebay there are quite a few basic sets for sale for around the £50 mark although I'm no expert on quality.

From my lorry driving days, some of the guys had them mostly the "Midland" brand.

In SHTF , if you were in a group they would be ideal , none of the "hordes" would be able to listen in , as the tech is so old !
munchh

Post by munchh »

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6024

there is lots of talk on here about CB, its worth having as its accessable to everyone.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
unsure

Post by unsure »

ive used this place before .

http://www.cb-shack.co.uk/radio-starter ... jga3aeaus1

sound advice and good quality kit
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
slugbert

Post by slugbert »

my dad has a cb so might get it out as he doesnt use it no more
By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail.
-- Ben Franklin

Area 9
Rearfang

Post by Rearfang »

I fitted one in my van about 6 weeks ago haven't heard A sole on it yet
munchh

Post by munchh »

i used it quite regular at night only 2 years ago there were a few local groups around my area chatting till the small hours, but i have recently noticed alot more aerials on cars (not just 4x4s) just average cars, so i have been driving around the last week with one in the car, but apart from the occasional eastern euro truck driver and the local dirt trucks its dead?

The thing is, it doesnt matter who else is using it, in fact i think that its dead is great, i got mine out again a few years back to give my two boys a way to talk to me while im out and about for work, only to find a fraternity of 50 somthings drinking and swearing at anyone who dared to talk on any channel, so i had to stop them using it.

If you can use it for your own local needs thats perfect, i'm sitting here looking at my big house antenna that i think i might put back up, now might be the best time to use it again. :|
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.