Thoughts - Mitsu shogun

Logistics and Transport
tanstaafl

Re: Thoughts - Mitsu shogun

Post by tanstaafl »

Rusty337 wrote:anyone in bradford fancy going to check a car out for me? haha

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Rusty
Sorry too far for me, its a nice car but only a 3 door so not a lot of space, but have a look below that 2.8 shogun for £1750 looks like a bargain on a 98 plate and only 2 owners , tbh if I had seen it when I was looking for one I would have traveled to bradford, just check the milage but they are good for 200k
Rusty337

Post by Rusty337 »

A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week./

Democratic republic of Area 11
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Rusty337 wrote:Found another beauty, thoughts?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

If you can live with the 3 doors it looks very nice :D
Rusty337

Post by Rusty337 »

I don't really need a 4 door tbh, i like the 2 door model. Just emailed the dealership. Hopefully they get back to me soon. A wee drive down to London to the pick it up though

unsure

Post by unsure »

Rusty337 wrote:I don't really need a 4 door tbh, i like the 2 door model. Just emailed the dealership. Hopefully they get back to me soon. A wee drive down to London to the pick it up though
would it not be cheaper to fly to london and drive back .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Rusty337

Post by Rusty337 »

unsure wrote:
Rusty337 wrote:I don't really need a 4 door tbh, i like the 2 door model. Just emailed the dealership. Hopefully they get back to me soon. A wee drive down to London to the pick it up though

haha yeah thats what i meant or train.

tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Rusty337 wrote:
unsure wrote:

haha yeah thats what i meant or train.

You aint got a bike licence have you , a mate is trying to figure out how to get his KMX125 down from Glasgow :D , not sure it would make it tho :roll:
survivor_steve

Post by survivor_steve »

me personally have had a 2.5 swb pajero for 2 years and not had a problem, service kits and parts cheap as chippes from milners online, with decent tyres it went anywhere used to throw veggie oil in the summer at about 80% oil to 20% deisal, in the winter use to ease of to nearlly full diesal although some did a mod and fitted a peugot pre heater.....never had a problem and only got stuck once but that was in silly muddy conditions.. was an auto

sold that for a 2.8 delica, same chassis as pajero lwb but inside a different layout, same service kit etc, was pretty good offroad, loadsa room but too wobbly on road as not adjustable suspension and kids got car sick so got rid and bought a

2.8 lwb pajero, had that for about 2-3 years and apart from servicing only needed a caliper kit, which i class as general maintenance, in the snow someone ran into the back of me at quiet high speed, hardly any damage but even though i wasnt at fault insurance went from £250 a year fully comp to over a grand so got rid and bought a ford galaxy rot box, now my insurance is down again im in the process of buying another 2.8 lwb pajero.... there bullet proof in my mind, easy to work on, in the years i have had them i havnt had 1 thing go wrong that cost silly money.... only thing i would say is check out for a chatting sound at the front of the engine, drive chain could be on the way out and if snaps a new engine, or fit new chain £50 ish....... also fuel pump seal goes and a bad job to do, although i know people that have bypassed that and put in a electric fuel pump.

theres good and bad in all cars but ive never had a major rust problem and most things are grab a spanner and hammer and off you go

all the best in whichever you choose steve
V8Dave

Post by V8Dave »

Loved my 2.8 Shogun, but talk about unreliable! Suffered every 4M40 engine problem going. I used to run it on 90/10 veg/petrol mix with a fuel pre-heater and it hated it. It decided to eat the front fuel pump seal on several occasions, and finally cracked the head and pressurised the cooling system to bursting point. Shame, as they're the only thing I'd seriously put up against an old Landy
moocher

Post by moocher »

My dads had his mk 1 Pajero for 9 year it's a lwb manual 2.5. Diesel,he changes the oil around every 5 k or so,and he's never really had problems with it,he did mention this week about changing it for something else,it's just a second car really,as he has a rover 75 as well.
I often wondered about a frontera as some had Isuzu running gear.