TD4 FREELANDER BOV??

Logistics and Transport
unsure

Re: TD4 FREELANDER BOV??

Post by unsure »

hardcider wrote:gonna keep away from the freelanders and go for a disco ive had td5's in the past with no probs heard some horror stories is the 300tdi more reliable?

ive been running my 300 for over 5 years and had no major issues ,other than the clutch failing .
the clutch fork does go on them as do the wheel bearings , but like every other car maintainance is the key .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Darktide

TD4 FREELANDER BOV??

Post by Darktide »

I've got an 04 plate freelander which I've had about 3 years and touch wood....I've had no trouble at all. It's been strictly an on road car and I don't think its ever been offroad in its life. Under normal driving conditions they aren't full 4x4, they are 60% front and 40% rear. With the back seats down the rear load space is pretty good but if you want a proper 4x4, go with your gut and get a disco.
celtic69

Post by celtic69 »

I have a freelander diesel as a BOV, I have not had any problems with it and I can match any disco on or off road. Also me and Mrs have spend a few nights camping in it when the back seats are down I can sleep in it ok and i'm 6ft 1inch
Darktide

TD4 FREELANDER BOV??

Post by Darktide »

celtic69 wrote:I have a freelander diesel as a BOV, I have not had any problems with it and I can match any disco on or off road. Also me and Mrs have spend a few nights camping in it when the back seats are down I can sleep in it ok and i'm 6ft 1inch
I have a diesel freelander and I couldn't match some of my mates discos off-road, there's just no way. It's a great road car and has been brilliant in the winter but off-road with no low range or locking diff, discos are much more capable. Although I'm relatively inexperienced, I've been off-roading my defender for about a year and the freelander wouldn't even be able to get to the car park in some of the places I've been.

Saying that, for a a few grand you could mod a freelander to be much better but what's the point in modifying a vehicle when you could buy something off the shelf for much less.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

How about this as a BOV ?

Anyone driven one?
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

No but the new panda has a 4x4 version ..........but they are small for load carrying
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.
tang-pommel

Post by tang-pommel »

As an all rounder an old disco is hard to beat no electronic gizmos to go wrong space and comfort and ability off road with decent tyres and a suspension lift you will be doing fine of course you can go as far as you want with modifications the only engine mod I would suggest is a performance intercooler and silicone pipes with the right tweeks this can be a most effective upgrade but it will set u back about £450
iv got a sharp pointy stick