land rover

Logistics and Transport
hardcider

land rover

Post by hardcider »

looking for a good bug out motor was keen on Delica but starting to look down landy route need something i can use inside the bb controled emishion zone so cant get a defender freelander looks to plastic maybe a prepped disco what do you all think???
Maddosammo

land rover

Post by Maddosammo »

Do you really. And a I mean REALLY need a 4x4,I'm sure there could be other things out there that could be your BOV, as I've said in your other post, what about just having a small panel van, it would be more economical and I'm sure would be cheaper to run.

But if you wanted a 4x4 them go for a disco 2 they are good and reliable (well you know what I mean) and can be fairly luxurious and comfortable.

Happy prepping.

Sent using Tapatalk
Sam

Area 9
hardcider

Re: land rover

Post by hardcider »

i think 4x4 is a must if i am holding fuel food water etc and need to get away from public roads i dont want to have to abandon my motor and find it looted the next day i want to drive in worse conditions than looters could walk in
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

How about a 4X4 transit van

http://www.transitcounty4x4.co.uk/
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

Maddosammo

land rover

Post by Maddosammo »

12mp82 wrote:How about a 4X4 transit van

http://www.transitcounty4x4.co.uk/
Like 12 said get a 4x4 transit, I'm sure it would be more reliable and easier to use everyday. You'd also probably get a better MPG which in a big out situation I'm sure you would want.
Sam

Area 9
Maddosammo

land rover

Post by Maddosammo »

hardcider wrote:i think 4x4 is a must if i am holding fuel food water etc and need to get away from public roads i dont want to have to abandon my motor and find it looted the next day i want to drive in worse conditions than looters could walk in

You do have a point there, but it's your choice in what you buy and how you want to use it.

Sent using Tapatalk
Sam

Area 9
hardcider

Post by hardcider »

i will have to look into to 4x4 transit it would need to be 2002 or newer to be legal in the emishion zone but ticks a lot of boxes
tacticalprepper

Post by tacticalprepper »

What about the suzuki Jimny? Small petrol 4x4, I'm presuming its fairly economical (much more than a Defender anyway) :)
AREA 3
madmedic

Post by madmedic »

tacticalprepper wrote:What about the suzuki Jimny? Small petrol 4x4, I'm presuming its fairly economical (much more than a Defender anyway) :)
and awesome off road too..
Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day..
Set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life..
tacticalprepper

Post by tacticalprepper »

madmedic wrote:
tacticalprepper wrote:What about the suzuki Jimny? Small petrol 4x4, I'm presuming its fairly economical (much more than a Defender anyway) :)
and awesome off road too..
Absolutely! Great video here of the Land Rover Defender VS Susuki Jimny off road. I really like them actually, and they're very reasonably priced! Brand new starting from £11,995. Still, if I ever did have the money I would love a defender :D
AREA 3