bug out vehicle

Logistics and Transport
hardcider

bug out vehicle

Post by hardcider »

i have been looking at getting rid of my a4 for something better in a bug out situation, still need to fit the family but think 4x4 with good load space but good mpg. sounds like a solar powered defender but as land rover has not made one yet i am looking for suggestions.
12mp82

Re: bug out vehicle

Post by 12mp82 »

Well you could go for a Toyota Land-cruiser or a Mitsibushi Shogun, the Delicia is good for load space and comfort depending on family size, always go for a diesel fueled one, and get one that hasn't been used for towing.
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

Djorn

Post by Djorn »

personally i Would opt for a pickup....more load space....or transit type bov...omg i have even been thinking of a caravan recently.......NO! !!!
A Prepper is for life, not just for Doomsday !!
Maddosammo

bug out vehicle

Post by Maddosammo »

Our BOV is a double cab van ford transit, plenty of room for stuff with a tow bar to pull the trailer a roof rack it is a great combination.

But buy a diesel whatever car/van you get.
Sam

Area 9
hardcider

Post by hardcider »

defo going deisel land cruiser and shogun look a bit high on mpg been looking at Delicia. rather end it all now than buy a carvan!!!
unsure

Post by unsure »

there are a few threads all ready running about this one is a lenthy one , why not have a look and see what you think . theres quite a few differing opinions on this . for me its a landrover , for others its a shogun . horses for courses really
].
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
hardcider

Post by hardcider »

how do i find these links not sorry not used a forum befor today so im a bit in the dark
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

hardcider wrote:how do i find these links not sorry not used a forum befor today so im a bit in the dark
Don't worry about it too much, there are a lot of us on here to help you whilst you settle in.

If you look at the top of the page there is a bar showing

0 new message
A small cog
A magnifying glass
Three people
A ?
And your name next to Logout

If you move the curor to the magnifying glass it reveals a Search panel, just type a question or item in there and then scroll down and click Search.

:geek:
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

hardcider

Post by hardcider »

thanks
Patglazz

Post by Patglazz »

I've been thinking of a boat, not too far from the sea here, less than a day (or night) walking distance. I notice a lot of people looking for good BOL's are aiming for the Countryside (or digging in) - I'm looking into small islands around our coast to act as a RV point for family and friends before heading off to a foreign BOL. Something not too far or too close to shore (close enough to get to fairly quickly, far enough to look uninviting and uninhabited) that can be defended easily, maybe sustain a couple of sheep or a couple of pigs and the light from any cooking fires would be unseen on the seaward side.
Unwise advice from my grandmother - Don't worry, it might never happen and if it already has it's too late to worry.
Wise advice from my grandmother - If the doctor has a hand on each of your shoulders.... it isn't his finger