L/R defender BOV project

Logistics and Transport
unsure

Re: L/R defender BOV project

Post by unsure »

i`d stay well away from a snatch .to start with they weigh 3.6 tonne ,thats before you add supplys and body`s .a very old tired v8 and you`d be lucky to 12mpg . if you want to get up close and personal with one , i have one sat in the garden awaiting a full rebuild thats in a sorry state since being demobbed and returned from basra .

an after thought , if you want a bullet proof truck . get a standard 110 tdi and add the other parts .you can get the body and doors from ebay , but you would need to add extra supports fro the weight of the doors .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
12mp82

Post by 12mp82 »

They are using a lot of Kevlar panels to bullet proof vehicles without the added weight. :D
Stop, Read, absorb, understand, reply.

unsure

Post by unsure »

12mp82 wrote:They are using a lot of Kevlar panels to bullet proof vehicles without the added weight. :D
i`m refering to the ones being released as a snatch , not as bullet proof .if you want bullet proof on the cheap , thats easy to do . just buy cheap kevlar body armour and stick inside the doors of your car . granted its no good for the glass .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
poppypiesdad

Post by poppypiesdad »

Snatches are fabby , simple to work on , and whats the matter with the weight , great for road blocks
Jamie
Be Prepared.
Plan like its the last loaf on the shop shelves.
Plan like its the last beer in the fridge.