Re: Bio desiel advise please

Post by dead-man-walking »

http://www.ecohearth.com/eco-blogs/clea ... ering.html

i found this an interesting bit of kit and a great design
TomW

Post by TomW »

Reservior wrote:
TomW wrote:Reservior covered it so well, great post!
:lol: erm, thanks, but I think it was Dead Man Walking that posted the definitive guide.

Doh! Good work Dead Man then ;)
justsurviving

Post by justsurviving »

A friend of mne cllects all the waste oil from rest/pubs/takeaways and then cooks it in some sort of converter, takes 8 hrs to heat. he then adds some chenicals and bingo. Gets about 3 or 4 miles less per gallon, but he runs 2 vechiles on it. Cooks about 125 ltrs at a time and get 108/110 back. He told me about 51 p per litre. I have a modern 4x4 rd vechile and asked if I could run on this stuff.... ohhh no came the repy, but I do buy my fuel from them so thats not a suprise. He says you can get converting machines ranging from £450 to 2k+ . He told me this info last week.
madmedic

Post by madmedic »

I have an old landrover defender and in the summer it will run on filtered waste oil. in winter i use 50/50 with diesel or if expecting really cold sometimes a little more diesel. i have not modified the vehicle at all.. although this summer i plan on using a seperate diesel tank and using the small pipes from the radiator wrapped round the fuel lines to heat them.. this way i can start on diesel and then once system is warmer switch to waste veg oil. we have an old tractor running like this and run it all year.. it is also possible to add an electric plate heater to bottom or side of fuel tank to speed up the warming..

i know this wont work on all vehicles but landrover works well even in the cold north of scotland
Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day..
Set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life..