Logistics and Transport
moonstrikerII

Re: On yer bike!

Post by moonstrikerII »

try a adventure ct2 trailer
moocher

Post by moocher »

Bit of a bump,what type of bikes is everyone using?
J23

Post by J23 »

moocher wrote:Bit of a bump,what type of bikes is everyone using?
Hybrid bike, I use it for commuting to work and gym, sometimes go to shop. Hybrid is great for city rides. Thinking of buying mtb once I find some good off-road in my area and once my finances improve ;)
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Being vertically challenged I have a very basic girls bike with the biggest bloody wheels I've ever seen on it :shock:

Was surprised when I opened the wrappings as it was a present from my OH and he was so chuffed with himself. I am growing to love it and being purple don't think it will be stolen any time soon :lol:

Its a hybrid style.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
moocher

Post by moocher »

I've got a folding bike and a old specialized hard tail mtb,but going to sell the folder and getting a hybrid ,or buy another mtb and turn the hard tail into a hybrid.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Last coupla years I have been riding fixed wheel. It is addictive. Also easy to maintain and keeps the fitness levels up. I do have a Brompton folder and my MTB-which I use to get to work in the snow and for going fishing.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

The elder two kids and I have bikes (perrished tyres by now :lol: ) in the shed, we had some fun before my daughter got ill, Plymouth is great for walking but on a bike it suddenly becomes noticeably mountainous.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

jansman wrote:Last coupla years I have been riding fixed wheel. It is addictive. Also easy to maintain and keeps the fitness levels up. I do have a Brompton folder and my MTB-which I use to get to work in the snow and for going fishing.
What does fixed wheel mean Jansman?
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
J23

Post by J23 »

Decaff wrote:
jansman wrote:Last coupla years I have been riding fixed wheel. It is addictive. Also easy to maintain and keeps the fitness levels up. I do have a Brompton folder and my MTB-which I use to get to work in the snow and for going fishing.
What does fixed wheel mean Jansman?
It means that you cannot stop pedalling as pedals turn around as the rear wheel does.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yep, that's it. I ride with clips, so if you forget to pedal, you are off! Ask me how I know, only did it once, back in the day when I used to track ride at our local velodrome. Fixed is not for everyone, but bikes of all types are. Keep on rolling.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.