Scooter ?

Logistics and Transport
Ogre

Re: Scooter ?

Post by Ogre »

jansman wrote:If you only work 7 miles away,buy a good bike and start cycling to work(avoiding motorways of course)no more traffic queues,save a FORTUNE in juice,get fit and stay fit.

Its a win-win situation.
Yup... I used to love that when I worked in another large call centre. Get up in the morn. Shower, make sure I was fresh, clean clothes as a consideration for colleagues. Then have someone who'd fought their way through the am traffic, covered in sweat sit next to you minging quietly for the shift. Dare to mention the whiff and get a 'but I cycle' reply, complete with that holier than Ogre stare (how do people who are shorter than you still manage to look down their nose at you ? :lol: )
jansman

Post by jansman »

Change of clothes(proper cycling kit!) wet wipes ,deoderantetc.etc. EASY.I do 20 EACH WAY. Work close to people and I am VERY close to 50!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Ogre wrote: (how do people who are shorter than you still manage to look down their nose at you ? :lol: )
It's a gift. I perfected it years ago - being 5 1" and all. I also have Patent Pending on 'The Deathstare'. It's a standing joke amongst my friends now! :lol:
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

15 Stone weight limit would rule me out even without my GHB.

Looks like it's Shanks' Pony for me.

Be lucky (and peregrinated)
The-Great-Nothing

Scooter ?

Post by The-Great-Nothing »

Made me giggle imagining a big ogre sized guy with massive bug out bag balancing and frantically zooming along on one of those little skooters with a hoard of ravenous zombies clawing at him :) lol

Matt
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

i dont think anyone would get very far very fast on one of these(i had one when i was a kid-about a century ago :lol: better of with a bicycle!