Scooter ?

Logistics and Transport
Ogre

Scooter ?

Post by Ogre »

Just had a brainwave. Can't really afford a folding bike for all the family to store in the boot. But what do you think of these ?

http://www.vapourised.com/Razor-Scooter ... 471vpp.htm

Supports up to 15 Stone. Folds down, adds a bit of speed to getting to a safe location if SHTF. I work 7.4 miles from home, wife works approx 2 miles from home daughter works approx 10 miles.
itsybitsy

Re: Scooter ?

Post by itsybitsy »

Bug out scooter! Superb! :lol:
Ian

Post by Ian »

Unfortunately not legal to use on the road nor on the pavement. Just for use on private land. Police here are confiscating them and fining the parents.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Ian wrote:Unfortunately not legal to use on the road nor on the pavement. Just for use on private land. Police here are confiscating them and fining the parents.
What? for being on a scooter!? These were all the craze years ago when my son was at primary, came around again a few later and are still seen outside the school gates!
Are you thinking of the mini moto scooters?
Ian

Post by Ian »

Almost. I mistook it for a motorised scooter, we have had them like those on the site you referenced but with tiny engines on the back. Scoot along and the engine starts, cutout by your heel to stop, a bit like a Solex if you know them but much smaller.

We are in Paris at the moment and the man scooters are all over the place, bloody nuisance. The wheels are very small and they don't look too comfortable, about like a skate board I would guess. Have a try before you buy.
Triple_sod

Post by Triple_sod »

Ah takes me back.....micro scooters.

As for using one to travel to be honest I wouldn’t even think about it, they were pretty crap if I remember right (mind you mine was about 15 quid off the market).

The other motorized kind seemed pretty nippy, 'buzz boards' was what we used to call them. Defiantly illegal on the roads though.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Triple_sod wrote:The other motorized kind seemed pretty nippy, 'buzz boards' was what we used to call them. Defiantly illegal on the roads though.
Like I'm going to worry if it's a shtf situation ? ;)

But still on 2nd thoughts..... The next stage up with 20" wheels is £149. I suppose I'd have the speed but for that price get folding bikes.

My route home is Business Park, residential road, Motorway and dual carriage way. Don't think the wheels would last on a little one.
Triple_sod

Post by Triple_sod »

Ogre wrote: Like I'm going to worry if it's a shtf situation ? ;)
Depends how you define SHTF situation I suppose, most scenarios I can think off would probably see the police active for quite a while after ‘the event’.
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

Ogre wrote:

My route home is Business Park, residential road, Motorway and dual carriage way. Don't think the wheels would last on a little one.
definitely illegal on a motorway :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

If you only work 7 miles away,buy a good bike and start cycling to work(avoiding motorways of course)no more traffic queues,save a FORTUNE in juice,get fit and stay fit.

Its a win-win situation.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.