Insurance and BOV's

Logistics and Transport
CardiffGuy

Insurance and BOV's

Post by CardiffGuy »

Afternoon All,

Im posting here and have posted over on p2s aswell for those who are also members at that site

When I am back in work,I am considering a 4x4 for a BOV and modifying it slightly to suit my prepping needs.

The modifying thing got me thinking about insurance, we all are legally required to have it for any motorised vehicle that we own and thus we have to declare any modifications to avoid invalidating any insurance.

After working for 7 years in numerous departments from front line call centre staff right up to dealing with financial ombudsman complaints in the motor claims environment(this also included working for 1 of the UK's leading insurance companies), I was made redundant from the last company that I worked for.

Due to this and seeing first hand how some places operate, I would like to say to fellow preppers on this board that should you require any assistance regarding vehicle insurance, having issues with a claim or needing a hand with a complaint to your insurers, drop me a PM and I will be glad to help where I can.

Many Thanks
CardiffGuy
diamond lil

Re: Insurance and BOV's

Post by diamond lil »

Thanks x ;)
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

Thanks for that CG a very kind offer. :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Area 4
janso

Post by janso »

CG, thanks buddy - a PM will be coming your way soon refeence personal vehicles and SAR!! ;)
ticklemonkey

Post by ticklemonkey »

Cheers for the offer CG!
Many Thanks!
Meyou

Post by Meyou »

Thank you very much CG! Hopefully we'll never have to worry about insurance problems, but its good to know somebodies got our back! Again, thanks man!
CardiffGuy

Post by CardiffGuy »

Well the whole time I have worked in the industry I have never had to use my experience for myself until today.

Yep thats right, some little scrote(mods I apologise if this is considered swearing here) thought it would be clever to come onto my side of the road in an attempt to over take 4 parked cars on his side of the road forcing me to the kerb. :evil: :evil:

Lucky for me on my car only the wing mirror casing is scuffed and the wing mirror glass was cracked but still in one piece in the housing.

Due to the excess and minor damage, Im not going to claim on my insurance however this fool I suspect may not be insured as he got out of his car, looked at my damage and then drove off.

Lucky for me, the other half managed to use the digital camera to get a frontal snap of his car, when he was looking at mine and a rear shot including number plate as he sped off.

CardiffGuy
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

yeah, what is it with these people?when the obstruction (parked cars or whatever) is on their side of the road, they think it is ok to keep coming,swerve around said obstruction, and force you/me to take avoiding action?they usually get a blast of (very loud)horn from me!
Meyou

Post by Meyou »

I get irritated when they do that on really thin streets, and we end up stopped facing each other. Usually youngsters or Audi drivers...

Thats usually when I play the "I'm bigger, get out of my way" card.
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

Don't you know that when you buy an Audi (also applies to BMW's and Merc's) if you check in the glove compartment you will find a certificate of ownership. Not for the car but for the road. Since they now own the road it is your responcibility to get out of the way and not theirs regardless of whether you think you are right or not. ;)

Glad we cleared that up. Thanks for the offer Cardiff, you are a gent.

Be lucky (and those Squirrels have been coming for months, aren't they here yet?)