Best driving schools?

Logistics and Transport
diamond lil

Re: Best driving schools?

Post by diamond lil »

I'd go with a bike as well, I passed my bike test millions of years ago and never went onto a car, would hate to drive a car. A Virago is nice and cheap, a Harley is a bit more expensive & heavy, but to start with get a Honda stepthru.
Beards

Post by Beards »

I did my CBT at 17 and bought a great running Honda CG125 - brilliant bike. Wish I could still have it!

So thought people, a bike or a car??? And reasons why... (I may just save and buy one..) :lol:
Magz

Post by Magz »

If it was just me to think about my ass would be on a Harley the 61 OHV oh yeah :D
Northern Raider

Post by Northern Raider »

My last machine was a beautiful satin black Suzuki GS 1000 street fighter, we loved it, bloody thing got solen Christmas eve some years back.
Carrot Cruncher

Post by Carrot Cruncher »

Beards wrote:I did my CBT at 17 and bought a great running Honda CG125 - brilliant bike. Wish I could still have it!

So thought people, a bike or a car??? And reasons why... (I may just save and buy one..) :lol:
Its horses for courses, a car will carry more than one passenger and lots of supplies but may get caught up in traffic problems, a bike can only carry one passenger and a bit of luggage but can easily avoid traffic problems by using pavements,cycle tracks etc.

In an ideal world you would have both, but if only one you need to work out your own requirements and decide which is the better option. A CG125 would be great for getting you out of dodge but not if you are a family of 4

CC
Northern Raider

If I had the cash I think I would look closely at the Kawasaki or John Deere Mules, they are like a mini 4x4 work vehicle like a big quad bit with proper seats, lights, number plates etc. excellent BOV that could live in my garage, goodvenough for 35 MPH on the road but small enough to go up cycle paths, and 4x4 so it is useful offroad
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

Is there anything in-between a mule and a bike? Like a trike, in fact :lol: Not thinking of a reliant robin here, either!!
Northern Raider

smileyt

Post by smileyt »

:lol:

I've just phoned a local motorbike school. They advised me to look at bikes first and gave me the names of a couple of local bike shops, one of which is within cycling distance (how they will laugh if I turn up on me pushbike!). If I can find a bike I like, then I will get a provisional driving licence. A day's tuition at the school costs £129. So not too expensive, and hopefully I could find a second-hand bike or scooter I like.

My Mum and Dad are going to have a fit. Perhaps best not to tell them until the deed is done.

So, NR, have I retreived some of your undying respect? ;) Not that I'm doing this to gain your respect - it's all for me to give me a better chance ....

Now, can you get sidecars for scooters ... can't bug out without my dogs ..... No, seriously, I want a scooter so I can live a bit out of town but not so far that I couldn't walk home in two or three hours. Then I'd be bugging out using my pushbike and trailer with the dogs in. 'Tis better than no plan at all.
Northern Raider

smileyt wrote:[
Now, can you get sidecars for scooters ... can't bug out without my dogs ..... No, seriously, I want a scooter so I can live a bit out of town but not so far that I couldn't walk home in two or three hours. Then I'd be bugging out using my pushbike and trailer with the dogs in. 'Tis better than no plan at all.
Dunno about sidecars for scoooters but you can get trailers