Siphoning fuel, a How To.

Logistics and Transport
Meyou

Re: Siphoning fuel, a How To.

Post by Meyou »

Heh, I'm lucky, I've got a nice thick steel plate of armour between my fuel tank and anybodies nails.

Petrol usually lasts a few months unless I'm mistaken, and a few years if stabilized. Diesel much longer. After the petrol runs out, its over to Wood Gassification for me! I'm not gonna stop enjoying the luxury of driving, even with Zombies, Asteroids, and Evil Squirrel Overlords running a muck...
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

What vehicle do you have for it to have armour plate under the tank? Or have you put it there yourself? If so, you are more parnoid than me. ;)

Be lucky (and armour plated)
DeltaSierra

Post by DeltaSierra »

I remember those pedal cart things Blade Runner, they were a right laugh but only a single gear if I remember rightly. But still an interesting idea as alt transport.
axelt123

Post by axelt123 »

at work some colleges put a 200cc bike engine into a john deer lawnmower thats very fun and fuel efficent :lol: and tows well
axel
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

DeltaSierra wrote:I remember those pedal cart things Blade Runner, they were a right laugh but only a single gear if I remember rightly. But still an interesting idea as alt transport.
Thanks Delta, I thought I was imagining it.

I'm sure someone could come up with a multi gear concoction these days.

I am serious about someone building one for me, so if anyone is interested, let me know.
Feel free to add a lawnmower engine for going up steep hills. ;)

Be lucky (and non-perambulated)
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

you can buy syphon (hand) pumps for a few pounds at your local market or hardware shop. as for transport after TSHTF i will be using the 4 legged kind as opposed to 4WD.
Meyou

Post by Meyou »

Bladerunner wrote:What vehicle do you have for it to have armour plate under the tank? Or have you put it there yourself? If so, you are more parnoid than me. ;)

Be lucky (and armour plated)
The old-style Suzuki Grand Vitara has a nice lump of steel covering the majority of the tank, with just a gap along one side. I simply filled in the gap, and Viola!

I'm not Paranoid! I know they're after me! :tinfoil :tinfoil :tinfoil

I figure Bulldogeagle is right however, we will eventually have to dump our 4x4's or convert them to run on something else. I'm figuring on Woodgas for that! But eventually even the vehicle itself will simply give up...
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

I figure on using horses or donkeys after TSHTF, we did a quick count up and within 1 mile of here we have about 50 horses, 2 donkeys and 1 shetland pony!(pony paddock country).
jansman

Post by jansman »

I couldn't drive a Suzuki vitara-I am not a hairdresser! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

Meyou's post reminded me that this link may be of interest
http://www.solar1234.com
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Area 4