A way round rising fuel costs or a dead duck?

Logistics and Transport
cumbriasurvivalist

Re: A way round rising fuel costs or a dead duck?

Post by cumbriasurvivalist »

jansman wrote:As a 250 mile a week cyclist, I have to suggest spending a decent amount( one of the se engine conversions or an electric bike will cost a mint)on a bicycle.Use it,get fit,stay fit.The bicycle is a wonderful piece of kit,panniers and rack,road tyres and a proper trailer,you have the ultimate in reliable low tech transport .Also no worries about fuel costs or availability.
Fair comment with ref to peddle power but my knees aint what they used to be.24 years in the roofing trade,enuff said :roll:
hobo

Post by hobo »

cumbriasurvivalist wrote:
jansman wrote:As a 250 mile a week cyclist, I have to suggest spending a decent amount( one of the se engine conversions or an electric bike will cost a mint)on a bicycle.Use it,get fit,stay fit.The bicycle is a wonderful piece of kit,panniers and rack,road tyres and a proper trailer,you have the ultimate in reliable low tech transport .Also no worries about fuel costs or availability.
Fair comment with ref to peddle power but my knees aint what they used to be.24 years in the roofing trade,enuff said :roll:
Ditto. My excuse is osteoarthritus in the knees. Ouch!
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

How about a system where the pedalling bit recharges the battery?

Just a thought. :)

Be Lucky (and stick something funny in here cos my head is in a shed today)
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Bladerunner wrote:How about a system where the pedalling bit recharges the battery?

Just a thought. :)
How about getting organized with your home constructed photovoltaic system and using that (with diode protection) to charge up the battery of your electric bike and thus to give yourself the closest thing to free power without peddling?
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

My excuse is osteoarthritus in the knees. Ouch![/quote]
try osteoarthritis in the spine AND the knees, result of being a self employed gardener for many years!