Landrover bug out vehicle.

Logistics and Transport
blue90

Landrover bug out vehicle.

Post by blue90 »

Hi guys, currently prepping a Ninety as a bug out vehicle, anyone else use Landys?
unsure

Re: Landrover bug out vehicle.

Post by unsure »

my daily driver is an off road prepped disco 300 tdi , has been for around 8 years .
runs on veg oil as well .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
blue90

Post by blue90 »

Are you on neat oil? I run 50/50 when I can but I have the CAV pump so it needs a bit of diesel in it to keep it happy.
unsure

Post by unsure »

blue90 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:43 pm Are you on neat oil? I run 50/50 when I can but I have the CAV pump so it needs a bit of diesel in it to keep it happy.
75/25 and a good slug of mineral two stroke oil
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
HomeHardener

Post by HomeHardener »

Although not as a bug out vehicle
I’ve owned a defender 90, discovery 1 and now own a discovery 3.

I keep some kit in my vehicles but more breakdown, medical related as opposed to bugging out etc.

Bug_out_vehicles_uk is a good Instagram account to follow for inspiration
@Homehardening_uk
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

We've had a few landies in our time but are getting too old for the bone shakers these days. We are on the look out for a 4x4 at the moment to replace our Skoda Superb estate so you never know....

Keep us up to date with the project and maybe post a photo now and again just to make us all envious.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
blue90

Post by blue90 »

Thanks guys, Im already a member of BOV UK on facebook but Im not into creating big, flash overland type vehicles, some of them would be nothing more than a target in the wrong situations. Low key and inconspicuous is my aim.