Diy 6x6 pickup build

Logistics and Transport
grenfell

Re: Diy 6x6 pickup build

Post by grenfell »

Jshaul95 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:59 pm What are your thoughts if you could build anything your imagination lets you?

also leaning more towards petrol as fuel...
I suppose if I could let my imagination run then I'd like either a fully tracked or half track type of truck.
However , leaving my fantasies aside and returning to reality then I'd look at a 6 x 6 petrol engined vehicle being at best something of a thirsty beast and as such perhaps not the most suitable vehicle for everyday use.
That said a 6 x 6 Land Rover can be gotten and could serve as the basis for a conversion. There's also the possibility of converting one to look like a historical military vehicle and then renting it out for film or TV work , should offset the cost of the thing a little.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

grenfell wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 pm
Jshaul95 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:59 pm What are your thoughts if you could build anything your imagination lets you?

also leaning more towards petrol as fuel...
I suppose if I could let my imagination run then I'd like either a fully tracked or half track type of truck.
Beaten to it ,a thing of beauty in my fantasy ,
[youtube] http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BfnYfJiWmD8 [/youtube]
[youtube]. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ro_QxqmEk6w [/youtube]
Noisy buggers though...
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

Zil 6x6 trucks are available and I would expect them to still be running when the cockroaches take over. Also Bedford RL/ML awd these are all probably a bit on the large side for daily use though.
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Jshaul95

Post by Jshaul95 »

ahhh the beautiful halftracks like said however just abit noisy. Agreed the fuel consumption will be worse being 6x6 however more storage space with a secondary or larger fuel tank.
Rykard

Post by Rykard »

russian ex mil. have a look at overland sites